ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CONFUSION WITH NEW TIER 1 RULE

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

raghav_kanth
Newly Registered

CONFUSION WITH NEW TIER 1 RULE

Post by raghav_kanth » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:23 am

Hi,

I am from the US. I applied for the Tier 1 visa on March 25, I paid it online on the same day. I completed my Biometrics on March 30. However I was unable to send my documents before April 6 (new rule date). Now I have my documents ready but I dont know which rules are applicable to me now. Do I come under the old rule where I get 3 year visa or should I file under new rule.

I checked the official website and it says that the date of application is the day when you pay your fee online (outside UK). This tells me I fall under old rules. Did someone face this situation OR can anyone clarify please. I am stuck.

Raghu

GeneNZ

Re: CONFUSION WITH NEW TIER 1 RULE

Post by GeneNZ » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:39 am

raghav_kanth wrote:Hi,

I am from the US. I applied for the Tier 1 visa on March 25, I paid it online on the same day. I completed my Biometrics on March 30. However I was unable to send my documents before April 6 (new rule date). Now I have my documents ready but I dont know which rules are applicable to me now. Do I come under the old rule where I get 3 year visa or should I file under new rule.

I checked the official website and it says that the date of application is the day when you pay your fee online (outside UK). This tells me I fall under old rules. Did someone face this situation OR can anyone clarify please. I am stuck.

Raghu
Yes you fall under the old rules. Because you paid before April 6th. Although, I would rush to send you documents in if the visa application process is anything like it is in New Zealand. Here, you are allowed two weeks after biometrics to send the documents in, and you're already into your second week and just prepped the documents. Remember it takes time for the item to be sent ;)

crowbar6
Member of Standing

Re: CONFUSION WITH NEW TIER 1 RULE

Post by crowbar6 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:39 pm

raghav_kanth wrote:Hi,

Raghu
Old rules without doubt.
Regards,
crowbar6