ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

All Aboard!

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Penguin
Newly Registered

All Aboard!

Post by Penguin » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:15 am

:roll: Hey fellow questers.I'm the applicant (south african) and Mrs Penguin is Polish.
Im plannning on sending the form( who's name we do not speak) out today. could those who had it returned for further info please tell me why?
Id like to get it first time as it seems I might miss christmass in Ploand.
Id also like to know if id need a special visa to travel with my wife to poland for a visit. also any usefull things I could add to the envelope besides just answering their questions?( £500 perhaps hehehehe)
Thanks for a great forum I had fun reading it all this morning

Gabriella2305

Post by Gabriella2305 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:41 am

Hi Penguin!
Good Luck.
Keep it as simple as possible.
I'm South African, my husband holds an Irish passport (but also a saffa) and we applied end of December 09 sending following docs. My passport, copy of his passport, marriage cert, his pay slips, passport photos. It got sent back to us because we didnt include his original passport. so we sent everything back again. Received Certificat of Application dated 8th January (basically a letter you can give to employers stating you are allowed to work)
Called home office this morning and my case has been assigned to a case worker and should be getting dealt with end of April. If you read the other topic in here called *EEA" only 1 topic* everyone is telling of their processing times. They look to be speeding up now and only taking 3-6months. Forza one of the members got his back yesterday after applying in January so there is hope!!
Good luck :P
APPLIED FOR EEA2 DEC 2009
RECEIVED COA DATED 8TH JAN 2010
CALLED HOME OFFICE 7 APRIL 2010 (HAS CASE NUMBER AND SAID IT SHOULD BE GETTING DEALT WITH END OF THIS MONTH/BEGINNING OF MAY)
EEA2 RC RECEIVED 25 JUNE 2010

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:28 pm

Im plannning on sending the form( who's name we do not speak) out today
As far as I know, no member of this board is a mind-reader, so in the absence of knowing what form you have submitted, how do you expect anyone to help?
John

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -

Re: All Aboard!

Post by Pakhtoon » Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:25 pm

Penguin wrote::roll: Hey fellow questers.I'm the applicant (south african) and Mrs Penguin is Polish.
Im plannning on sending the form( who's name we do not speak) out today. could those who had it returned for further info please tell me why?
Id also like to know if id need a special visa to travel with my wife to poland for a visit. also any usefull things I could add to the envelope besides just answering their questions?( £500 perhaps hehehehe)
You will need to get the normal visit visa, no special kind as you asked. It will be provided free though and no need to book flights/hotel etc in advance ( you will of course have to provide your marriage certificate and wife's ID ).
“Terrorism is the war of the poor; war is the terrorism of the rich.â€

kAB
Newly Registered

Re: All Aboard!

Post by kAB » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:30 am

Penguin wrote::roll: Hey fellow questers.I'm the applicant (south african) and Mrs Penguin is Polish.
If you apply for the EEA2 now, you should recieve the residence sticker by August if all your documents are in order. So, you wont miss xmas.

For Polish visa, you will have to apply for C category which will be valid for 90 days. You will have to give them your passport with the residence sticker, original marriage certificate, polish marriage registration (if you have registered with a polish vovoideship), your wife's original ID or Passport and recent payslips. Its free!

At some point, you might also want to apply for a "karta pobytu" for Poland which can be applied in Polish Embassy & consulate here. Once you get your Polish "karta pobytu" which is valid for 1 or 2 years, you wont need visas to Schengen countries.