ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 Visa Question

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hittesh_ahuja
Newly Registered

Tier 4 Visa Question

Post by hittesh_ahuja » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:25 am

Hi Guys,

I am on Tier 4 Visa (student) and doing my Masters Degree. I am in the UK until Jan,2011.I just wanted to know if I could apply for jobs in countries like NewZealand or Australia from here. Would it be much easier if i have a student visa or should i wait for the Post-Study Work Visa for to years which i am entitled for once i complete my Masters(hopefully).

Thanks in advance,
Hittesh

demur123

Re: Tier 4 Visa Question

Post by demur123 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:09 pm

If you want to stay further after January 2011 than you would have to apply for your PSW once you get your degree. PSW is not going to help you to enter newzealand or australia other than your degree will.
hittesh_ahuja wrote:Hi Guys,

I am on Tier 4 Visa (student) and doing my Masters Degree. I am in the UK until Jan,2011.I just wanted to know if I could apply for jobs in countries like NewZealand or Australia from here. Would it be much easier if i have a student visa or should i wait for the Post-Study Work Visa for to years which i am entitled for once i complete my Masters(hopefully).

Thanks in advance,
Hittesh

joh118

Re: Tier 4 Visa Question

Post by joh118 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:59 pm

hittesh_ahuja wrote:Hi Guys,

Thanks in advance,
Hittesh
Yeah, I think you are a little confused. Post Study visa is only valid in the UK and not AUS or NZ. If you want to work there, sure, you can apply for jobs there but you may need to apply for another visa from the relevant embassy/consulate to actually work there.

skomati

Post by skomati » Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:50 am

oops ..long term plans

u would be better here rather than australia or newzealand