ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sponsorship letter for dependent

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sppc42
Newly Registered

Sponsorship letter for dependent

Post by sppc42 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:55 pm

Hi,

I already have a Tier-1 (G) and now my wife is applying for a dependent visa. I am providing the maintenance funds for her application. For that, VFS folks tell me that since am providing the funds, I need to write a separate sponsorship letter citing my approval of the same.

Is there a know format that needs to be submitted for it? If yes, then kindly share that out. Else, anything special I need to take care before I pen down my own words for it.

Appreciate any inputs.

Thanks

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:06 pm

You should find in this thread... 3rd or 4th post..

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=50608

crowbar6
Member of Standing

Re: Sponsorship letter for dependent

Post by crowbar6 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:09 pm

sppc42 wrote:Hi,

I already have a Tier-1 (G) and now my wife is applying for a dependent visa. I am providing the maintenance funds for her application. For that, VFS folks tell me that since am providing the funds, I need to write a separate sponsorship letter citing my approval of the same.

Is there a know format that needs to be submitted for it? If yes, then kindly share that out. Else, anything special I need to take care before I pen down my own words for it.

Appreciate any inputs.

Thanks
Please check the following threads:

No. 1

No. 2

These may have the info you are looking for.
Regards,
crowbar6

sppc42
Newly Registered

Post by sppc42 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:02 pm

Thanks seniors for the lightening fast and bang-on-target reply!

Some small quick follow-up questions, rather doubts, as the more I read around, the more confused I become.

1. I am the sponsorer of my wife and I already have a Tier-1 visa. So, VFS states that I need to show only GBP 1600 as maintenance for my wife, I need not show additional GBP 2800 for myself. Is that fine? Thing is that I have an FD which has ~GBP 3000 that I have been maintaining for some time.

2. My wife has a joint-account with her mother. Can she show that as her maintenance funds? Or is that that the joint-account need to be with the spouse only?

3. If it is fine to show her joint-account, then what is the minimum amount required to be shown in that? 1600 or 2800+1600?

Help me out of confusion here.

Thanks

ali_hsn

Post by ali_hsn » Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:37 pm

sppc42 wrote:Thanks seniors for the lightening fast and bang-on-target reply!

Some small quick follow-up questions, rather doubts, as the more I read around, the more confused I become.

1. I am the sponsorer of my wife and I already have a Tier-1 visa. So, VFS states that I need to show only GBP 1600 as maintenance for my wife, I need not show additional GBP 2800 for myself. Is that fine? Thing is that I have an FD which has ~GBP 3000 that I have been maintaining for some time.

2. My wife has a joint-account with her mother. Can she show that as her maintenance funds? Or is that that the joint-account need to be with the spouse only?

3. If it is fine to show her joint-account, then what is the minimum amount required to be shown in that? 1600 or 2800+1600?

Help me out of confusion here.

Thanks
HI,

if you have been in Uk for over a year then you only need to show (£800 + £533/dependent). If your period has been less than a year then you need to show (£2800 + £1600/dependent). You also have to maintain it for atleast three months, the amount should not dip below even for one transaction. Finally, you can use different resources to show the funds but I am not sure about the joint account bit with your wife's mother.
Probably, a letter from her mother should work stating that these funds belong to your wife. I'll let others advise on this.
all is well that ends well