ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Net to Gross calculation

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gamehunter707
Newly Registered

Net to Gross calculation

Post by gamehunter707 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:12 pm

Dear Forum - I work for an Indian IT company and as you would expect they do all kinds of adjustments for tax benifits, and hence I do no know what my gross salaray is. However, I get a net income of GBP 2985 every month. I do not know whether net income of GBP 2985 / month would help me to project my gross as GB 50000 so that I can claim the 30 points for Previous Earnings. Appreciate any guidance. Thanking you in advance.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:41 pm

If you are employed in the UK it is a statutory requirement for your employer to supply you with a payslip, itemising your deductions.

So the answer to your question should be ... read your payslip! But is your employer breaking the law?
John

crowbar6
Member of Standing

Re: Net to Gross calculation

Post by crowbar6 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:45 pm

gamehunter707 wrote:Dear Forum - I work for an Indian IT company and as you would expect they do all kinds of adjustments for tax benifits, and hence I do no know what my gross salaray is. However, I get a net income of GBP 2985 every month. I do not know whether net income of GBP 2985 / month would help me to project my gross as GB 50000 so that I can claim the 30 points for Previous Earnings. Appreciate any guidance. Thanking you in advance.
Ask your employer to issue a letter stating your gross annual/monthly salary. Moreover, your gross salary should also be given in the P60 that is issued annually by employers.
Regards,
crowbar6

kiranchinnu
Member of Standing

Re: Net to Gross calculation

Post by kiranchinnu » Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:47 pm

gamehunter707 wrote:Dear Forum - I work for an Indian IT company and as you would expect they do all kinds of adjustments for tax benifits, and hence I do no know what my gross salaray is. However, I get a net income of GBP 2985 every month. I do not know whether net income of GBP 2985 / month would help me to project my gross as GB 50000 so that I can claim the 30 points for Previous Earnings. Appreciate any guidance. Thanking you in advance.
Pls ask for payslip , dont go by assumtions. Anyways they will be needed if u apply for tier1 .So better make get the payslips and then apply.

all the best.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:57 pm

By the way, the relevant law is Section 8 of the Employment Rights Act 1996.
John