ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2nr referees Passport Expires

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ryze
Newly Registered

2nr referees Passport Expires

Post by ryze » Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:12 pm

Hi alll,
hope someone can clear my doubt ,i am using two of my friends who are british and professionals a doctor and a architect as my referees, the problem is the architects passport was expired but he has not renewed the passport can i stil use him as my refereee,
when i came to uk on 30/03/2007 as a fiance to mywife she wasnt british now just less than two years she got naturelised now she a british citizen. from today 07/04/2010 i am residing here just above 3 years i only got my ILR last August 2009. can i still apply for naturelisation in this situation please reply.

ThanK You
Ryze

bani

Post by bani » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:45 pm

yes, you can use both referees. leave the passport number blank for the architect.

and yes you can apply for citizenship now as the spouse of a British national with 3 years' residence in the UK.

good luck.

ryze
Newly Registered

Post by ryze » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:59 pm

Thank you very much for taking the burden from my chest,