ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependants Maintenanace

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Globe
Newly Registered

Dependants Maintenanace

Post by Globe » Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:58 pm

Hi all,

I applied for the extension last week. But I misunderstood the words from the UKBA website from different places and maintained the funds £800 from the starting. But I have applied for my dependants too. In the dependant area it is not clear as mentioned for the main applicant. I had maintained the funds for my dependants at the time of applying.
1. What will happen in this case?
2. Did I have to keep the money for my dependants as well for the 3 months period?
Can anyone advise please???

Globe

Markie

Re: Dependants Maintenanace

Post by Markie » Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:20 pm

the £800 maint. fund is for you only. You should have checked the guidance notes for the dependants...

as per Depandants Guidance notes prior to Apr 6 changes...

30. If the Tier 1 migrant (the main applicant) is outside the United Kingdom or has been present in the United Kingdom for less than 12 months, the family member of the Tier 1 migrant must show that he/she, the main applicant, or (for children) his/her other parent who is also legally present in the United Kingdom has at least £1600 to support the family member in addition to any funds the main applicant needs to prove he/she has enough money to support himself/herself.

31. If the main applicant has been in the United Kingdom for 12 months or more, the family member of the Tier 1 migrant must have £533 to support himself/herself.

For example, main applicant has been in the UK for 6 months, who is making an application at the same time as his spouse and two children must show that he has £1600 for his spouse and £1600 for each child, in addition to £800 required for his own support. In total the family will require evidence that they hold £5600 in available funds (£1600 x 3 = £4800 + £800).

32. If the same main applicant and his family had been present in the UK for two years, they would require evidence that they held £2399 (£533 x 3 = £1599 + £800) in available funds.
Globe wrote:Hi all,

I applied for the extension last week. But I misunderstood the words from the UKBA website from different places and maintained the funds £800 from the starting. But I have applied for my dependants too. In the dependant area it is not clear as mentioned for the main applicant. I had maintained the funds for my dependants at the time of applying.
1. What will happen in this case?
2. Did I have to keep the money for my dependants as well for the 3 months period?
Can anyone advise please???

Globe