ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Strange Premium Appointment - Croydon

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

fisher

Strange Premium Appointment - Croydon

Post by fisher » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:47 pm

Hi

I appeared for new rules tier 1 in croydon. I was told that my application will be decided by someone in back office since the rules are new.

After 5 hours of waiting the case worker said he had verified everything and all looked fine except the earnings. The deposit made in my bank account was not from my employer (my employer has sub contracted payroll processing to another company) and hence he would need to enquire and get a confirmation.

After few minutes he said my application cannot be decided today and that someone will get in touch with me in next few days. Also my application will be sent to Sheffield.

Does anyone know how long it takes in such circumstances? Never had this problem before. Do they prioritise the application because it was a premium application?

-fisher

demur123

Re: Strange Premium Appointment - Croydon

Post by demur123 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:08 pm

It depends on once the caseworker will write to the payroll. And then payroll need to respond back to the caseworker. You are looking at around 2 to 3 weeks but sometimes it takes more time.

fisher

Re: Strange Premium Appointment - Croydon

Post by fisher » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:44 am

demur123 wrote:It depends on once the caseworker will write to the payroll. And then payroll need to respond back to the caseworker. You are looking at around 2 to 3 weeks but sometimes it takes more time.
Thanks Demur. Is there a way I can ask HO to expedite it. Does sending them a fax or letter risk the application being rejected?