ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Earning points confusion

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cheekyvirgin

Earning points confusion

Post by cheekyvirgin » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:40 pm

Hi

I am about to apply for the tier1 general but i have some confusion about bank statement.

Actually my salary comes in to my wife's bank account and i do not have enough money in my UK bank account which is on my name but i do have savings in my Pakistani bank account where i do have savings on my name so i can get the certificate confirming my balance from last 3 months.

Is it ok if i show my Pakistani bank account or do i must have to show my account where salary is coming.

I can provide my proof of earnings like payslips, letter from employer, and p45.

please somebody clarify me on this confusion.

Thanks

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Re: Earning points confusion

Post by aruni4470 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:21 pm

cheekyvirgin wrote:Hi

I am about to apply for the tier1 general but i have some confusion about bank statement.

Actually my salary comes in to my wife's bank account and i do not have enough money in my UK bank account which is on my name but i do have savings in my Pakistani bank account where i do have savings on my name so i can get the certificate confirming my balance from last 3 months.

Can a person's salary be deposited into wife's account? Never heard of it.

Is it ok if i show my Pakistani bank account or do i must have to show my account where salary is coming.

you can show your pakistani account for maintenance fund. But, to prove your income you must provide evidence from 2 different sources, All the below mentioned evidence come under one source.

I can provide my proof of earnings like payslips, letter from employer, and p45.

Thanks

HSK Accountancy Services

Post by HSK Accountancy Services » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:54 pm

cheekyvirgin wrote:Hi

Thanks
Do you mean joint account with your wife? If it is a joint account then it is fine otherwise you are doomed my friend!

You can use your pakistani bank saving account to prove maintenance fund if that is in your name.

cheekyvirgin

Post by cheekyvirgin » Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:53 pm

HSK Accountancy Services wrote:
Do you mean joint account with your wife? If it is a joint account then it is fine otherwise you are doomed my friend!

You can use your pakistani bank saving account to prove maintenance fund if that is in your name.
Thanks for your reply . Well if i show the joint account would it be ok if i have even less money in the uk account as i am showing my overseas savings as well.

ifti12

Post by ifti12 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:13 pm

One thing I would like to add here.

I heard some cases where the BHC has refused the application on Saving account with no transactions in last three months. So be careful the account must have some transactions as well though this is not requirement but try searching this forum and you will find some cases where people applied with Saving account or Fixed amount in Account or bonds kind of thing and they have been refused.