ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child Tax Credits

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shabz_81

Child Tax Credits

Post by shabz_81 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:00 pm

I am British by birth and my wife is on a 2 year spouse visa. Our claim for CB went through and has started in my name.

My next query is regarding Child Tax Credits. I'm getting confused with the literature with regards to public funds and immigration rules in relation to ILR. I want to be sure that CTC is allowed before going ahead with the claim as my wifes details will need to be provided as I understand.

Is Working Tax Credits allowed also?

Can anyone help ?

P.S I have read the topic under Benefits : affecting ILR? Read this b4 starting new topic. But found no definitive answer.

bobo77

Re: Child Tax Credits

Post by bobo77 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:07 pm

shabz_81 wrote:I am British by birth and my wife is on a 2 year spouse visa. Our claim for CB went through and has started in my name.

My next query is regarding Child Tax Credits. I'm getting confused with the literature with regards to public funds and immigration rules in relation to ILR. I want to be sure that CTC is allowed before going ahead with the claim as my wifes details will need to be provided as I understand.

Is Working Tax Credits allowed also?

Can anyone help ?

P.S I have read the topic under Benefits : affecting ILR? Read this b4 starting new topic. But found no definitive answer.
CTC can only be claimed as a couple, as long as one of them (the applicant ) is eligible.

So you will have no problem claiming