ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Student visa for Spouse

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Buzy B
Newly Registered

UK Student visa for Spouse

Post by Buzy B » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:11 pm

I am hoping someone can help me, I cannot find the information I am looking for elsewhere.

I am a UK citizen with a UK passport. My wife is 19 years old and a citizen of India but is not allowed to come to the UK as a spouse as she is not yet 21. I am looking at the Tier 4 student visa as an alternative.

I understand that to get 10 of the 40 points, she has to prove that she can financially maintain herself. Can someone tell me if i'm allowed to sponsor her for these maintenance costs instead? It doesn't mention anything about family/spouse sponsorship on a Tier4 visa when I search online.

Look forward to your reply and any help you can give.

B[/b]

memyselfandi
Newly Registered

Post by memyselfandi » Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:02 pm

Why don't you just put the required money in her account and let her show it to the immigration authority. Or you could have a joint account and she could still show it as her maintenance funds.