ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Success! What to do next???

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kju

Success! What to do next???

Post by kju » Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:42 pm

I got my passport back today with tier1 visa valid until 7.4.2013.!! :D
I applied on 1.4.2010. in Croatia. (*under old rules)

I am very happy, and really worried at the same time.

Anyway, many thanks to all of you who helped me with suggestions and replied to my questions!! Many thanks for your effort and time!

- So, do you have suggestions what to do next? -

I chose the date of travel 1.7.2010. to make sure that I have enough time to sort everything out (I am still employed here in Croatia) etc, but they neglected that, and approved my visa valid from 7.4.2010. (which is already passed)... :/ So.. I need to enter UK within 28 days, if I want to make sure I don't need a second extension (before I apply for ILR) right???

Does that mean I only have to get my visa stamped at the border (round trip for a weekend) or I have to register with the local police or something???

Any other suggestions, or links with helpful information about what should be my next step???

Once again, a big thanks to all of you.

dima
Member of Standing

Re: Success! What to do next???

Post by dima » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:10 pm

kju wrote:I got my passport back today with tier1 visa valid until 7.4.2013.!! :D
I applied on 1.4.2010. in Croatia. (*under old rules)

I am very happy, and really worried at the same time.

Anyway, many thanks to all of you who helped me with suggestions and replied to my questions!! Many thanks for your effort and time!

- So, do you have suggestions what to do next? -

I chose the date of travel 1.7.2010. to make sure that I have enough time to sort everything out (I am still employed here in Croatia) etc, but they neglected that, and approved my visa valid from 7.4.2010. (which is already passed)... :/ So.. I need to enter UK within 28 days, if I want to make sure I don't need a second extension (before I apply for ILR) right???

Does that mean I only have to get my visa stamped at the border (round trip for a weekend) or I have to register with the local police or something???

Any other suggestions, or links with helpful information about what should be my next step???

Once again, a big thanks to all of you.
What to do next?? NJoy the success!! lol

On the serious notes, Indeed I understand that now your main tasks starts and you need to gear up sort out lots of things.

As per many posts I have seen in this forum, do advice on 28 days limit of entering the UK which help in your ILR,otherwise, you are good to reach UK anytime until your visa is valid.

You can try searching in this form about the many discussions done on the similar topic.
Anyways, CONGRTAS for your Visa.
Njoin with my new iPAD ....it's really magical....

wf
Member of Standing

Post by wf » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:40 pm

kju wrote:but they neglected that, and approved my visa valid from 7.4.2010.
This is a common occurrence, it happened to me so I contacted them and they said to send my passport back and they would restamp it with the correct date.

If you contact them they should be able to do the same.

kju

Post by kju » Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:23 pm

wf wrote:
kju wrote:but they neglected that, and approved my visa valid from 7.4.2010.
This is a common occurrence, it happened to me so I contacted them and they said to send my passport back and they would restamp it with the correct date.

If you contact them they should be able to do the same.
Oh great! I'll try and do that on Monday.. that would give me more time to sort everything out, less pressure, etc :)

easy