ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR HSMP JR Experience - No company letter required

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kububeach
Newly Registered

ILR HSMP JR Experience - No company letter required

Post by kububeach » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:44 pm

I got my ILR yesterday by application in person at Croydon office. I was quite surprised that the process was so efficient and fast. Just handed my documents, the lady checked them and no questions at all. She said that it would take 45 minutes for the process but as soon as I found that she didn't ask me anything, I knew it was successful. Overall, it took only 1.5-2 hours from the time I entered the building to the time I left the building with my passport.

By the way, documents I submitted are:
- Application form
- Salary slips for the last 3 months
- Bank statement for the last 3 months
- P60 forms for the last 3 years
- Passport photos
- Additional sheet for my absence and letter from company confirming them (by the way, I only had 120 days of absence)

Just to confirm, as I was on HSMP visa, I didn't need to provide any letter from company confirming my employment. A company letter is only for applicants on Work Permit status. So I know some people asked this question on the forum. I hope this clarify that.

Anyway, my advice to you who will apply for ILR: just relax, don't be too nervous. As long as you're well prepared, you will be fine. Don't overdress. Wearing suit and tie won't help you if you don't have the documents. Follow the guidance and make sure you have all documents that you need to show based on your status here. So don't bring unnecessary documents. It will end up confusing you more.

So good luck to you all. If I can be of any help, just give me a shout.

iyanu
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by iyanu » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:59 pm

Congrats kububeach!

And well said report, very detailed. Thanks a lot.

vinseh

Post by vinseh » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:25 pm

congratulations :)

GETMEIN

Post by GETMEIN » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:49 pm

Well done mate. Wicked!

kububeach
Newly Registered

Post by kububeach » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:02 pm

Thank you all!

Son_of_Soil
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

hi

Post by Son_of_Soil » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:12 pm

hi there
i am due for ILR IN nov 2011. i got my HSMP(2 yrs) under old 65 point in nov 2006, n the extended my HSMP to Tier 1 undr JR, till nov 2011.
i was calculating my days out of uk but not sure if i m calculating it right.i read a post from someone to apply simple mathematics to calculate.n few stamps on my passport r not clear.my qyestions are:
can i request my days out of uk report? if yes , how?sticky post abt SAR file is not helfull.
2)what if i dnt have P60 for all the years? i think i have one from last year n another is due for this year n then i will have 3rd one in april 2011.
3)Recently got married n wife on dependent visa, will it make my application difficult?
4) Are u sure that i dnt need letter from employer?if it true that great!!!

sorry to fire u with the questions