ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question regarding duplicate bank statements from Barclays

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

demur123

Question regarding duplicate bank statements from Barclays

Post by demur123 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:32 pm

I have applied for Tier1 general Inside in the UK in March 2010.
I have covered 12 months from Feb 2009 to Feb 2010. I didnt got the bank statement from barclays bank in march 2009 So I have called them in April 2009 to request for a bank statement for march. They didnt send me the orignal bank statement instead of a letter onthe bank letterhead with the logo stating that This is a duplicate copy of the bank statement. The letter also stated that If I need to get more information about this statement I can use the reference no specified on the letter and call the number to speak to the person who issued the duplicate bank statement. The other pages were just a normal printout of the transactions that i Did in march.
I have spoke to some immigration lawyers about this before applying for Tier 1 General (initial) and they have told me since it is specified on the bank letterhead that its a duplicate copy of the statement with the signature of that person who actually printed it out , it will be acceptable for the Home office.
Its been 40 days now Since I have applied and I am bit worried now.

Bank statements you send must be on official bank stationery, and must show each of the payments that you are claiming. If you wish to send electronic bank statements from an online account you should also send a supporting letter from the bank on company headed paper confirming that the documents are authentic. Alternatively, electronic bank statements with the official stamp of the bank that issued the statements will be accepted. The stamp must appear on every page of the statement.
Reference: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... tatements/

Since there is a supporting letter from the bank on their letterhead , Will it be acceptable.. Seniors please advise
Last edited by demur123 on Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

skomati

Post by skomati » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:49 pm

Dont u worry... Since it was mentioned in the letter head, Case worker will call the bank if he need any information...

Just relax... Too many holidays like easter etc that might be a reason as well..

demur123

Post by demur123 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:53 pm

thanks skomati..

jagacharaja

Post by jagacharaja » Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:11 pm

Yes, in my case a Barclays duplicate statement (just an ugly looking printout with just text/numbers) accompanied by a letter on Barclays letterhead stating something to the effect of it being authentic - worked successfully for an HSMP --> Tier 1 (General) extension late last year.

Just for my peace of mind though, I made a note of this in the cover letter.

felix2010
Newly Registered

Post by felix2010 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:24 am

Hi, I am exactly in the same situation but I am applying from India. I too have Barclays Bank Statements in plain A4 sheets accompanied with a company headed letter saying they are authentic. Will the case workers view the bank statements differently as compared to the home office in UK? Thanks!

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:30 am

I have seen cases where barcalays duplicate satements with bank letter are accepted in the Home Office on many occasions but I am not sure if it will be accepted in BHC too. Because they may not be aware of this norm from barclays.