ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Previous employer document (WP + Tier 1)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bb0523
Newly Registered

ILR Previous employer document (WP + Tier 1)

Post by bb0523 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:26 pm

Hi,
I worked from two companies in WP before I moved to Tier-1 and join the 3rd (all permanent). Currently I am in Tier-1 visa. I have following docs from current and previous employer:

1. All Pay slip and bank statements
2. Although I am in Tier-1 my current employer will issue letter if needed
3. P45 from my previous employer and leaving letter
4. Work Permits and tier-1 letters
5. P60 from my last employer but P60 from my current employer I sent to HMRC and never got back but I have letter from HRMC about tax.

From my fist employer I have
1. Work permits
2. Bank statement,( I manage to get them from HSBC great) from as old as early 2005 and it shows the salaries
3. P60 and P45 but they send in Email as PDF might able to get them stamped from them but not sure
4. Lost the leaving letter and no chance of getting it either
5. Original employment letter is available

And obviously I have all the passports and visas.

Will it be sufficient to prove my first employment? Since I don't have the release letter and P45 they send electronically? Funnily enough there were 3WPs they gave in period of 2year and all back-to-back with FLR.

I am not sure if I should goto solicitor since I don't have first company leaving letter and P60/P45 are electronic. As I said, I do have all bank statements to show salary coming in along with original WPs for that period. I already have an appointment.

Thanks,

vinseh

Post by vinseh » Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:09 pm

hi,

i don't think you need to spend money on solicitors as it sounds like pretty straight forward case. You should also be ok as far as the electronic copies of P60 and P45 are concerned. If the caseworker is not satisfied with the copies you can tell them that is how you received the docs from your ex employers but I really doubt that they will have any problem with that as if there's anything they are not happy about they can always check with the HMRC.

And also for your peace of mind call your local tax office and request your tax summary of those years, it will clearly show when you left your employers...so don't worry you are good to go.

Have you passed your KOL?

Good Luck!

bb0523
Newly Registered

KOL

Post by bb0523 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:01 pm

I think KOL mean the Life in UK test right ? I do have the pass certificate of Life in UK.

vinseh

Re: KOL

Post by vinseh » Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:23 pm

bb0523 wrote:I think KOL mean the Life in UK test right ? I do have the pass certificate of Life in UK.
yes KOL means Knowledge of Life in the UK...

excellent...all the best for the big day :) let us know how it went :)

bb0523
Newly Registered

Gap in employement

Post by bb0523 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:36 pm

I also took like 2 week break. But before I join the 2nd company, and took that break, I got the WP/FLR stamped. Do you think thats something I need to mention specifically and is there any problem.

During that time I was with first employer (WP) and joind the 2nd (again WP but it was a trasfer).

Thanks

vinseh

Post by vinseh » Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:47 pm

that's not to be worried about, there is no place and in fact no need for you to mention that :) you didn't do anything wrong there...