ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query About 0111 Financial Managers

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

alimohmand

Query About 0111 Financial Managers

Post by alimohmand » Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:54 pm

My Query relates to an application made by my brother under FSW visa his initial application was sent to CIO and his application was rejected.

He is a treasurer for an International Bank and in terms of the required points my initial understanding was that he qualifies under current immigration rules.

Please find the following information provided by CIO:
"You have indicated that you have work experience in an occupation with the following NOC code: 0111, Treasurer. Although this NOC code corresponds to the occupations specified in the instructions identified by the Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism and published in the Canada Gazette on 28 November 2008, the main duties that you have listed do not indicate that you performed a substantial number of the main duties of the occupation as set out in the occupational description of the NOC, including all of the essential duties. As such, I am not satisfied that your experience corresponds to NOC 0111, Financial Managers.

For the reasons outlined above, your application does not meet the requirements of the Ministerial Instructions and your application is not eligible for processing.
"

Could you please advise if it would be better to re-apply or ask them to reconsider his application as it already took 4 months before we received any response from CIO.

Look forward to your suggestions and feedback.
Thanks in advance
Ali

raymasa2
Member of Standing

Re: Query About 0111 Financial Managers

Post by raymasa2 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:13 pm

alimohmand wrote:My Query relates to an application made by my brother under FSW visa his initial application was sent to CIO and his application was rejected.

He is a treasurer for an International Bank and in terms of the required points my initial understanding was that he qualifies under current immigration rules.

Please find the following information provided by CIO:
"You have indicated that you have work experience in an occupation with the following NOC code: 0111, Treasurer. Although this NOC code corresponds to the occupations specified in the instructions identified by the Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism and published in the Canada Gazette on 28 November 2008, the main duties that you have listed do not indicate that you performed a substantial number of the main duties of the occupation as set out in the occupational description of the NOC, including all of the essential duties. As such, I am not satisfied that your experience corresponds to NOC 0111, Financial Managers.

For the reasons outlined above, your application does not meet the requirements of the Ministerial Instructions and your application is not eligible for processing.
"

Could you please advise if it would be better to re-apply or ask them to reconsider his application as it already took 4 months before we received any response from CIO.

Look forward to your suggestions and feedback.
Thanks in advance
Ali
On what basis is he going to ask them to re-consider?

Also note that CIC is looking to change the list of eligible jobs. If he is going to re-apply, he may want to do that sooner.

Ray