ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent - Various queries on claiming points

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cool_zero
Newly Registered

Urgent - Various queries on claiming points

Post by cool_zero » Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:10 pm

Dear all,

I am planning to apply for Tier 1 General visa in May. I have various queries and hence I am initiating a new post as they aren’t pertaining to a specific topic.

I will be claiming points for the prospective earnings based on salary received from May 2009 to April 2010 (i.e. latest 12 months) in India. During this period I was on Tier 2 (intra-company transfer) in UK from June 29th till 24th December. While in UK I was paid normal salary in my Indian bank account along with a per diem allowance in UK. I don’t intend to claim points for this allowance.

(1) I am aware that I cannot use the uplift ratio for the period that I was in UK. My question is that since I reached UK on 29th June, can I claim the earning for June being in India and use the uplift factor on that month’s salary?

(2) As per my compensation package I am eligible for Medical Reimbursement and Leave and Travel Allowance for tax benefits. It is a part of contractual obligation from my employer. Can I report this as a part of my gross earnings? Even if I don’t claim this amount through bills I will anyway receive it by deducting tax. It is also reported on my payslip. I have read through various threads and have got different answers. Some suggest that it cannot be considered as a part of gross earning and some suggest it can be. Please help me out to clear this confusion.

(3) As per my employment contract I can claim medical reimbursement anytime during the year. Last year I had claimed it in May. And this year I am claiming it in April. Hence if you look at my previous 12 months earnings then you can see reimbursement being done twice during this earning period. Whereas as per Income Tax rule I can only claim it once during the year. Will it influence in HO decision in awarding points for prospective earnings? I am under the impression that HO is not concerned with the tax ruling. Please throw some light on this.

(4) The exchange rate considered for claiming earnings is as on the last day of earnings which in my case would be 30th April. Now as I was in UK so should I consider different exchange for that period i.e. as on 31st December? i.e. converting Indian salary during this period as per the exchange rate as on 31st December. Please note that my employer remains the same during the entire period and I was paid normally in India.

(5) If the point based calculator awards 10 points for English language then do we still need to get a letter from the awarding institution stating that the degree was taught in English?

Please help me in resolving my queries. Apologies for the long post.

Thanks

cool_zero
Newly Registered

Plz Help...

Post by cool_zero » Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:26 pm

Almost 50 views and no replies :( . Seniors please help!!!

muditmalhotra
Member of Standing

Re: Urgent - Various queries on claiming points

Post by muditmalhotra » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:01 pm

cool_zero wrote:Dear all,

(5) If the point based calculator awards 10 points for English language then do we still need to get a letter from the awarding institution stating that the degree was taught in English?
If PBC gives u 10 points then no letter is required.

cool_zero
Newly Registered

Plz Help...

Post by cool_zero » Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:31 pm

Can someone plz plz help?? I am sure senior members should have answer to my queries.

cool_zero
Newly Registered

No replies yet :(

Post by cool_zero » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:49 am

I am in desperate need of some help here....plz guys. Moderators, senior members, can some plz reply??