ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent Visa enquiry

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

guddu84
Newly Registered

Dependent Visa enquiry

Post by guddu84 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:41 am

Hi All,

Myself has visa Tier 2 (Intra Company Transfer) migrant. My current visa validity is from 01/06/09 until 29/06/11.

My wife has the dependent visa tier 2 with same validity date from 01/06/09 until 29/06/11. We have lived together in currently UK about 10 months and now my wife has gone to my home country (India)in March 2010 to complete her study.

In the meantime when i am living in UK, now I planned to upgrade my self to apply for Tier 1 (general) visa category in June 2010, because in June 2010, i would be eligible for that.

But my wife is not currently staying in UK and hence can not make application together and hence I would plan to make separate application now in June 2010 for my self. And when she come in UK later on, will make application for Tier 1 dependent separately (considering that her current visa validity is still till June 2011).

Now my query is that,

(1) If i would successfully got the Tier 1 Visa, what would be the status of existing tier 2 Visa of My and wife.?

(2) Can my wife be able to entry in UK on same tier 2 dependent visa (because the same has not yet expired)? So that I could apply here in UK, as and when she come here to UK.

In the case of, if her visa will be invalid ,

can i make a change plan this way, because i don not waste the visa application fee and time to get apply in India.

--> Can I get her Passport here in UK by post to my resident and Can I apply for Tier 1 Visa along with dependent by post in UK itself, because i have all eligibility of fund maintenance??
Or it be violation immigration rule, that dependent should also be in UK during application period?
Last edited by guddu84 on Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

vks

Re: Dependent Visa enquiry

Post by vks » Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:37 pm

guddu84 wrote:Hi All,

Myself has visa Tier 2 (Intra Company Transfer) migrant. My current visa validity is from 01/06/09 until 29/06/11.

My wife has the dependent visa tier 2 with same validity date from 01/06/09 until 29/06/11. We have lived together in currently UK about 10 months and now my wife has gone to my home country (India)in March 2010 to complete her study.

In the meantime when i am living in UK, now I planned to upgrade my self to apply for Tier 1 (general) visa category in June 2010, because in June 2010, i would be eligible for that.

But my wife is not currently staying in UK and hence can not make application together and hence I would plan to make separate application now in June 2010 for my self. And when she come in UK later on, will make application for Tier 1 dependent separately (considering that her current visa validity is still till June 2011).

Now my query is that,

(1) If i would successfully got the Tier 1 Visa, what would be the status of existing tier 2 Visa of My and wife.?

(2) Can my wife be able to entry in UK on same tier 2 dependent visa (because the same has not yet expired)? So that I could apply here in UK, as and when she come here to UK.
Her visa is invalid, once you switch to Tier 1.
Regards,
vks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:46 pm

Once you get your Tier 1 leave to remain your wife can then apply for EC as dependent of Tier 1 (in India).

regards

guddu84
Newly Registered

Dependent Visa enquiry

Post by guddu84 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:06 pm

sushdmehta wrote:Once you get your Tier 1 leave to remain your wife can then apply for EC as dependent of Tier 1 (in India).

regards
In that case, if her visa will be invalid , can i make a plan this way, because i don not waste the visa application fee and time to get apply in India.

--> Can I get her Passport here in UK by post to my resident and Can I apply for Tier 1 Visa along with dependent by post in UK itself, because i have all eligibility of fund maintenance??
Or it be violation immigration rule, that dependent should also be in UK during application period?

guddu84
Newly Registered

Post by guddu84 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:11 pm

sushdmehta wrote:Once you get your Tier 1 leave to remain your wife can then apply for EC as dependent of Tier 1 (in India).

regards
In that case, if her visa will be invalid , can i make a plan this way, because i don not waste the visa application fee and time to get apply in India.

guddu84
Newly Registered

Post by guddu84 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:44 pm

tier1_aspirant_del

Post by tier1_aspirant_del » Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:34 am

Hi guddu84,

Please don't do it. If anybody is applyiny from UK then he/she should be physically present in UK. In my opinion you would be playing with immigration rules if you do that.

So you can apply for urself within UK and when you get your visa then your wife can apply from India. As seniors suggested she can't enter the country on Tier 2 dependent once you get Tier 1 visa.

fisher

Post by fisher » Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:47 am

guddu84 wrote:In that case, if her visa will be invalid , can i make a plan this way, because i don not waste the visa application fee and time to get apply in India.

no