ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 from Outside UK

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

drsuk
Newly Registered

Tier 2 from Outside UK

Post by drsuk » Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:57 am

Hi All,
I'm in UK with Student Visa (valid until 2011); however completed my studies last week (PhD). I secured a job offer with CoS. I need to travel to India for personal reason (wedding). From reading old posts, I presume that I can (or should) apply for Tier 2 from India. However all my documents (offer letter, CoS and bank statements) contain my UK address. Will it make any problem?. Can I avoid this problem If I fill up my UK address as residential address (Part 4.1 in VAF9 form) and my India address as my contact address (Part 4.5)?
Thanks for your help in advnace.

drsuk
Newly Registered

Post by drsuk » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:32 pm

Please can anybody give some idea?

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:23 pm

You can apply from india but since the BHC would need to do the verifications from india it may take little longer than normal..

you can explain in the cover letter in brief so that the caseworker understands why u applied from india..