ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bank statement query

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

travelerzee

Bank statement query

Post by travelerzee » Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:34 pm

Hi all,

I am currently working in Korea.

The name of my company is written in Korean on my bank statement, and not in English. Do I need to get it translated? or will the corresponding amounts from my employer and pay slips be sufficient?

thank you very much!

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:09 pm

All the ORIGINALS submitted as proof should be translated into English.. also get them attested/notorized to be on safe side

travelerzee

Post by travelerzee » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:01 am

thanks for your reply.

if the bank is somehow about to change the name of my employer to english, will that be ok? or does the whole document, including each individual transaction need to be translated.

Also, when translating a document, do i have to proof that the translator is registered? How do i do this?

vks

Post by vks » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:53 am

travelerzee wrote:thanks for your reply.

if the bank is somehow about to change the name of my employer to english, will that be ok? or does the whole document, including each individual transaction need to be translated.

Also, when translating a document, do i have to proof that the translator is registered? How do i do this?
The important thing that you should keep in mind is that it is your responsibility to ensure that you get your visa.

In other words, the case worker should have all the documents that are understandable, which they do when it is in English.
Regards,
vks

travelerzee

Post by travelerzee » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:24 pm

hey, yes i understand that its my responsibility to get my visa. I just assumed that the caseworker would only need to confirm the deposits from my employer. i didnt wasnt sure if they needed to see all of the transactions i made in the past year. is this really necessary?

does any do i have to have a registered translator? How do they proof on the documents that they are registered?

mzeeshan

Post by mzeeshan » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:07 pm

travelerzee wrote:hey, yes i understand that its my responsibility to get my visa. I just assumed that the caseworker would only need to confirm the deposits from my employer. i didnt wasnt sure if they needed to see all of the transactions i made in the past year. is this really necessary?

does any do i have to have a registered translator? How do they proof on the documents that they are registered?

I have the same problem. I am working and living in Denmark on work permit. My bank statement also has transactions that has danish names from different stores, cinemas, authorities, banks, etc.. etc.. What to do ?... I believe they should by be concerned with the regular cash flow from the employer rather than names of the shops, authorities, cinemas... that are in danish or even in any other language. Isn't it the case ?

Plz xplain seniors..
Regards
M.Z

Applied = 14-May-2010 at 9:45 AM
Location = British Embassy Copenhagen Denmark.
Got Tier 1 G on 01-June-2010.
Validity June-2010 - June-2012