ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

WHAT TO DO WITH THE PRIVATE HEALTHE INSURANCE ?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jara555
Newly Registered

WHAT TO DO WITH THE PRIVATE HEALTHE INSURANCE ?

Post by jara555 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:37 pm

DEAR MATES !
ME AND MY EU MEMBER WIFE ARE IN THE UK FOR 5 YEARS ....
I AM A NON EU MEMBER AND ALREADY GOT RESIDENCE PERMIT WHICH IS NOW GOING TO BE EXPIRED..
I WANT TO APPLY FOR PR FOR WHICH THEY REQUIRE THE COMP. PRIVATE HEALTH INSURANCE FOR BOTH OF US. (MY WIFE HAS BEEN UNDER THE SELF SUFFICIENT CATEGORY DURING THESE 5 YEARS PERIOD) BUT THE PROBLEM IS THAT
WE HAVE THE PRIVATE HEALTH INSURANCE FOR THE LAST ONE YEAR ONLY, WE NEVER HAD IT BEFORE ONE YEAR.
IF WE APPLY UNDER THESE CIRCUMSTANCES, WHAT WHAT MAY BE THE CONSEQUENCES.
SOME PEOPLE SAY THAT THIS REQUIREMENT OF HAVING THE COMPREHENSIVE HEALTH INSURANCE FOR BOTH PARTNERS WILL FINISH BECUASE THIS IS NOT LAWFUL AND IT'S NOT NECESSARY IN MANY EU COUNTRIES. IS IT TRUE ?
THANKS FOR THE COMMENTS ....

thsths
United Kingdom

Re: WHAT TO DO WITH THE PRIVATE HEALTHE INSURANCE ?

Post by thsths » Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:27 pm

jara555 wrote:SOME PEOPLE SAY THAT THIS REQUIREMENT OF HAVING THE COMPREHENSIVE HEALTH INSURANCE FOR BOTH PARTNERS WILL FINISH BECUASE THIS IS NOT LAWFUL
I never said it will finish, but I still believe that it is not lawful. This mean you have a good chance to challenge it in court (and depending on how clever you are presenting your NHS coverage even that may be enough). But I am not aware of any decision, so there is no empirical evidence for my opinion.

jara555
Newly Registered

Post by jara555 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:55 pm

thsths wrote:
jara555 wrote:SOME PEOPLE SAY THAT THIS REQUIREMENT OF HAVING THE COMPREHENSIVE HEALTH INSURANCE FOR BOTH PARTNERS WILL FINISH BECUASE THIS IS NOT LAWFUL
I never said it will finish, but I still believe that it is not lawful. This mean you have a good chance to challenge it in court (and depending on how clever you are presenting your NHS coverage even that may be enough). But I am not aware of any decision, so there is no empirical evidence for my opinion.
thanks thsths for your opinion.
but another problem is that i dont have even NHS coverage for the whole 5 years. and
is there any example of anybody who challenged it in the court and what was the decision of the court ....
does anybody knows this !!!

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:07 pm

jara555 wrote:
thsths wrote:
thanks thsths for your opinion.
but another problem is that i dont have even NHS coverage for the whole 5 years. and
is there any example of anybody who challenged it in the court and what was the decision of the court ....
does anybody knows this !!!
Doubt it - I think all this is a recent occurrence. If you want to challenge it go ahead though I suspect it will be a tough path to tread, others will benefit tho!
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

cutepearl

Post by cutepearl » Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:51 pm

One question from me.. IF you have Comp, Health Insurance and are paying it on a regular basis, Does the Home office know that you are in the country or out of the country? If one of us is abroad suppose...

THanks