ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent help needed on spot date usage

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ravi11
Newly Registered

Urgent help needed on spot date usage

Post by ravi11 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:45 pm

Hi All,

In my case here is the previous earnings scenario in the last 12 months.

1. Period: 01-Apr-2009 to 31-Oct-2009 - in Indian currency
2. Period: 01-Nov-2009 to 31-Mar-2010 in GBP [I came to UK in Nov-09]

While using the spot date for conversion which date should I use in this case?

If I use the 31-Oct then I miss the critical points necessary but if I use 31-Mar then it turns in my favor.

Thanks everyone for the help.

Regards,
ravi

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Re: Urgent help needed on spot date usage

Post by aruni4470 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:05 pm

ravi11 wrote:Hi All,

In my case here is the previous earnings scenario in the last 12 months.

1. Period: 01-Apr-2009 to 31-Oct-2009 - in Indian currency
2. Period: 01-Nov-2009 to 31-Mar-2010 in GBP

While using the spot date for conversion which date should I use in this case?

If I use the 31-Oct then I miss the critical points necessary but if I use 31-Mar then it turns in my favor.

Thanks everyone for the help.

Regards,
ravi

Unfortunately, you should be using 31 OCT.

127. An applicant should use the closing exchange rate on the OANDA website at http://www.oanda.com/convert/classic on the last day of the period for which he/she has claimed earnings in that currency. This is an independent website, for which we are not responsible.

cool_zero
Newly Registered

Depends

Post by cool_zero » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:44 am

I think it might depend on the nature of the work that you had undertaken. If you were on a secondment and your salary was still being credited in India then you can use rate as of 31st March. This would also mean that your employer was same during the past 12 months. Whereas in case if you had changed your job and your employer was different then you may have to consider rate as of 31st October.

However I am also seeking at some clarity on the secondment issue. Seniors please help.

hsmp_apr2010

Re: Depends

Post by hsmp_apr2010 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:48 am

cool_zero wrote:I think it might depend on the nature of the work that you had undertaken. If you were on a secondment and your salary was still being credited in India then you can use rate as of 31st March. This would also mean that your employer was same during the past 12 months. Whereas in case if you had changed your job and your employer was different then you may have to consider rate as of 31st October.

However I am also seeking at some clarity on the secondment issue. Seniors please help.
But probably considering his case it seems that he was with the same employer but was in India till 31st Oct and earning in INR. And then went to UK on secondment and was earning there in GBP. Hence I think he may have to consider conversion rate as of 31st October for converting his Indian component.

cool_zero
Newly Registered

Similar Post

Post by cool_zero » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:00 am

There was a similar post previously by QEF8DD. The member has used the last day of his/her earnings.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... highlight=

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... highlight=

Thanks