ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Schengen visa (single entry) .. urgent help please please

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jundoc
Newly Registered

Schengen visa (single entry) .. urgent help please please

Post by jundoc » Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:11 pm

Hi,

I am stuck with some difficult situation and would much appreciate your help guys.

I am non-EU (UK Residence card and Spanish residence card) married to Spanish national and living in the UK at present. I have managed to bring over my parents (non-EU) to the UK on EEA family permit. They were granted a single-entry schengen visa (from Spanish embassy) as we have planned to visit Spain as well. I am also planning to take them to Paris after we come back from Spain, and I have booked 4 Eurostar non-refundable tickets without knowing my parents have a single-entry visa only. (discovered this very late)

Cut long story short:
- Flights booked: London-Madrid-London
- Eurostar booked: London-Paris-London (a week after we are back from Spain)
- Visas: Parents have single-entry Schengen with long expiry date (so all they need is another entry only on the same visa - although we initially asked for a multiple entries from the issuing embassy)
- We have spoken to the Spanish embassy overseas which issued the Schengen and they admitted their mistake and the Consul asked to send passports over to issue another multiple visa (but insisted to have the passports before we use the current visas - ie before we enter Spain). However because we run out of time we couldn't send the passports overseas as we are flying to spain in couple of days.
- I have looked around and figure out that my parent won't be granted a new Schengen to France as they still have an active one on their passports, and the old visas should be either expired or cancelled by issuing embassy before requesting new ones.

My questions:
- How will the visas be checked at St Pancras (Eurostar) (ie will they be checked are they single-entry? or that are they valid only?)
- If we manged to get into France, and the French customs noticed that my parents' already had used their visa, would it possible to request a visa for 3-day (duration of our journey) at the Gurde Du Nord - Paris? (Is it worth to take the risk and try?)
- Is it possible to ask for another entry on the same visa while we are in Spain?
- Can my parents use their UK EEA family permit to enter France?

I really appreciate any advice to get me out. Eurostar cost me some hundred quids plus the hotel booking. (sounds bit stupid but this what happened).

Thanks in advance

Pasha

Post by Pasha » Fri May 07, 2010 12:08 pm

You will need to apply for a shengen visa from the french embassy for your parents. You or rather your parents have been granted a shengen visa by Spain so it should not be a problem. Plus you have the tickets and hotel bookings (although not required under EU law at the application stage).

I wouldn't take the chance of travelling on a single entry visa to multiple (more than one) Schengen state. There has been some terrible stories on the forum from people describing their experiences as a result of this or taking a chance. The visa will state single entry and is normally country specific.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Wed May 12, 2010 3:00 pm

The French check Eurostar passports in London. They can check them also on the train or in Paris, but I have never seen this happen. They also check passports as you are LEAVING France.

Do your parents yet have a Residence Card issued by the UK, or do they only have a EEA Family permit?

Will your Spanish spouse be traveling to France?

If you decide to travel to Paris, be sure to take your marriage certificate, as well as your birth certificate. This establishes the chain of relationships from your parents to the (must also be traveling) EU citizen family member.