ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Contract not renewed upon the end of my Green Card

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bawaugh
Newly Registered

Contract not renewed upon the end of my Green Card

Post by bawaugh » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:54 pm

My Green card ends in May and my employer will not be renewing my 2 year contract.

Now I see on the Justice department website that after one has been on a Green Card for two years you can transfer to a stamp 4. Is it possible to do this even when one's employer is not going to be renewing one's contract or is the stamp 4 only given if you are remaining in employment with your old employer?

Secondly if I were to gain stamp 4 would there be any issues in changing employer in the future?

Regards

Brendan

tiggs

Post by tiggs » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:57 am

Hi Brendan,
sorry to hear about your contract situation. I dont know much about green cards.

on this link:
http://www.citizensinformation.ie/categ ... rd_permits

this section might come into action in your case:

"Expiry of Green Card permit: If your Green Card permit is due to expire and you do not meet the qualifying criteria to be given a Stamp 4 permission, the immigration office will give you a Stamp 1 permission for 3 months and refer you the Employment Permits section of the Department of Enterprise, Trade and Employment. You should send a completed referral form (pdf) to the Employment Permits Sections together with copies of documents such as your P60 and your last 3 pay slips"

Read this link also :

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/WP09000002

Am afraid there is not much postive notion mentioned about renewal without job. but you never know.

In regards to stamp 4, its faily flexible. gives you option to work with any employer in your field. And renewal is very easy as compared to work permits n all.

best of luck

Tiggs

bawaugh
Newly Registered

Follow up

Post by bawaugh » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:13 pm

I went to the GNIB today and showed my pay slip and Green Card and was given stamp 4. I was told that I could now change employers.

Now all I need to know is what things will they look at when I come back to renew in a years time.

smalltime

Re: Follow up

Post by smalltime » Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:30 pm

bawaugh wrote:I went to the GNIB today and showed my pay slip and Green Card and was given stamp 4. I was told that I could now change employers.

Now all I need to know is what things will they look at when I come back to renew in a years time.
probably your 3 months payslips and p60
proof that you have a job or looking for a job.
pen pen de sarapin de kutsilyo de armasen
haw haw de karabaw de batutin