ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Dependent - Applying from Outside UK

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

xeel

Tier 1 Dependent - Applying from Outside UK

Post by xeel » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:09 pm

Hi all,

My wife will be applying for her dependent visa in a couple of weeks from Pakistan. I need some guidance regarding that. I am currently working in UK (since last two years) on a Tier 1 visa (converted from HSMP in March2010).

My wife will be submitting the following documents:
  • 1. VAF10
    2. Cover Letter
    3. Certificate of Marriage (Nikah) + copy
    4. Photographs of Marriage
    5. Medical (TB) Certificate
    6. Original Passport + copy
    7. Original National Identity Card + copy
    8. 2xPassport Size Photographs
Additionally she will be providing following documents on my behalf (sponsor documents)

• 9. Sponsorship Letter
    10. Cover Letter
    11. Copy of Tenancy Agreement
    12. Last 3 months original UK bank statement to show maintenance funds
    13. Last 3 months copy of salary slips
    14. Employment letter
    14. Copy of my current passport and visa (valid from Mar 10)
    15. Copy of my previous visa (valid until Mar 10)
    16. Copy of passport pages showing my entry/exit to Pakistan during the wedding period.
    17. Copy of e-ticket used for travelling to Pakistan for my wedding

I have following questions:

1) Does my wife need to submit her educational documents as well?
2) Do I have to submit any sort of letter from the bank along with original bank statements?
3) Do I need to get any copy of my passport attested?
4) Are there any specific formats for Sponsorship letter, and can I merge my sponsorship letter and cover letter?
5) Is it enough to provide last three months salary slips, or should I provide for a longer period?
6) Is there any other supporting document that should be provided by me or my wife?

Any help and guidance in this regard will be really appreciated.

Thanks.

xeel

Post by xeel » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:03 am

Hi all,

I wonder if someone can help me with this. The sponsorship letter, that needs to be submitted with my wife's application, is there any particular format for that or is it just plain wordings on a plain paper signed by me?

I read somewhere that I have to get the sponsorship letter certified or something?

I would appreciate if someone can help me with this.

milindsm

Post by milindsm » Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:12 pm

I think you may also need to provide copy of UK accommodation document something like copy of your agreement with your landlord or something like that. Experts please comment...!!!

tcpip_helper
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 1 Dependent - Applying from Outside UK

Post by tcpip_helper » Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:23 pm

xeel wrote:Hi all,

My wife will be applying for her dependent visa in a couple of weeks from Pakistan. I need some guidance regarding that. I am currently working in UK (since last two years) on a Tier 1 visa (converted from HSMP in March2010).

My wife will be submitting the following documents:
  • 1. VAF10
    2. Cover Letter
    3. Certificate of Marriage (Nikah) + copy + english and urdu both
    4. Photographs of Marriage provide photos of nikkha barat valim any dinner lunch picnic etc
    5. Medical (TB) Certificate
    6. Original Passport + copy
    7. Original National Identity Card + copy + english translation
    8. 2xPassport Size Photographs
Additionally she will be providing following documents on my behalf (sponsor documents)

• 9. Sponsorship Letter
    10. Cover Letter
    11. Copy of Tenancy Agreement
    12. Last 3 months original UK bank statement to show maintenance funds
    13. Last 3 months copy of salary slips
    14. Employment letter
    14. Copy of my current passport and visa (valid from Mar 10)
    15. Copy of my previous visa (valid until Mar 10)
    16. Copy of passport pages showing my entry/exit to Pakistan during the wedding period.
    17. Copy of e-ticket used for travelling to Pakistan for my wedding

I have following questions:

1) Does my wife need to submit her educational documents as well? NO
2) Do I have to submit any sort of letter from the bank along with original bank statements? NO
3) Do I need to get any copy of my passport attested? its a good idea, i did it from a solicitor
4) Are there any specific formats for Sponsorship letter, and can I merge my sponsorship letter and cover letter? yes merge it and provide just one document known as statuary declaraiton, certified by solicitor. thats the only document you need to submit and explain everything in that .
5) Is it enough to provide last three months salary slips, or should I provide for a longer period?3-5 months is a good idea
6) Is there any other supporting document that should be provided by me or my wife? just one cover letter is enough.

Any help and guidance in this regard will be really appreciated.

Thanks.

xeel

Post by xeel » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:39 pm

4) Are there any specific formats for Sponsorship letter, and can I merge my sponsorship letter and cover letter?

yes merge it and provide just one document known as statuary declaraiton, certified by solicitor. thats the only document you need to submit and explain everything in that .

What is a statuary declaration? Is there any specific format for that? and What certification will the solicitor do? I am confused

tcpip_helper
United Kingdom

Post by tcpip_helper » Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:06 pm

xeel wrote: What is a statuary declaration? Is there any specific format for that? and What certification will the solicitor do? I am confused
there is no specific format, its like kind of affidavit of support, solicitor will only sign that letter and put his stamp. solicitors who are authorize to administrate oaths will do that and may charge you from £5 - £50 depends who you go for.

ali_hsn

Post by ali_hsn » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:57 am

Hi Xeel,

My wife has already applied for Tier 1 Dep visa from Pakistan. If your employment letter states that you earn £XXXXX.XX per annum then I think that should be enough and you dont need to submit the payslips. But there is no harm in doing so.

Below is the sponsorship letter which I used
"To,
The Assessing Officer
Sub: Sponsorship Letter for Tier 1 (General) Dependant

Dear Sir/Madam,

I, (your name) as main applicant would like to express that I would take the responsibility of sponsoring the dependant applicant, my wife, (your wifes name) during her stay in United Kingdom, and that I would sponsor her without recourse to public funds.

I arrived in United Kingdom on the (date of arrival). I have attached the copies of Passports (previous & new passport with Tier 1 stamp), Employment Letter and Tenancy Agreement. Please do not hesitate to contact me, if you need further information.

Yours sincerely,
XXXXX
"

I also wrote a cover letter on behalf of my wife listing the documents we submitted i.e. Bank statements from the last 6 months which also include the period of three months etc.

Still waiting on decision. Best of luck with yours!

regards,
Ali
all is well that ends well