ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family visitor visa for My Parents (Both)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

email257525
BANNED

Family visitor visa for My Parents (Both)

Post by email257525 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:02 am

Dear Forum Members

I am on tier 1 general since jan 2010 and my wife is my dependant.
we both are working and wages coming into account.

I want to sponsor my father and mother for visit to UK.
Do i need to sponsor myself only or my wife can also write a declaration that she will also be joinging me , and basically we both altogether will maintain, accomodate and will bear all the expenses. I understand my wife is already my dependant. Can she still do Some thing?

Many Thnaks for replying

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:28 am

Joint sponsoring of visitors is not allowed.

One of you must be the sponsor ( preferably you the son).

If all you want to show that both you and your wife is working and can afford to pay the relevant cost, then all you do is to state this on the invitation letter and sponsorship that you are going to send to them.

I think the only problem you are going to face is that you have only being in this country since Jan 2010 on T1 and is the visit by your parents really necesary after such a short period of time. That is what the ECO will be thinking when looking at the application

The purpose of Family visits are for someone who have been apart from their family for over a year or more, or for some special occasion etc.

Good luck though if you do apply