ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Should I mention my child when applying visa for my father?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Jayia
Newly Registered

Should I mention my child when applying visa for my father?

Post by Jayia » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:23 pm

Last year my father visited me as we celebrated the birth of our baby. Since the baby was sick, after six months, we applied for him to stay with us, but it was rejected. So he returned.

Now we want him to visit us again. I have read stories about how your relatives can be rejected on the grounds that they would help with newborn care, thus preventing a child care worker from getting a job.

The advice in this case is to never volunteer information. You should not mention that the relative is coming to help take care of the child.

However, in my case, the officers know that my dad used to apply for the extension of the visa.

So in the new application form, do we have to explain again and therefore, have to mention our child?

My sincere thanks,

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:41 am

I think when you apply this time you should apply for your dad as a visitor point of view and dont need to explain or tell about BABY or taking care things.. but you shd mention abt the previous rejection with details..

based on ur post, i think last time when u applied for ur dad u revealed the info that he will take care of child which lead to the rejection..

goodluck