ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Confused and frustrated with maintenence req for dependent

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

oneITguy

Confused and frustrated with maintenence req for dependent

Post by oneITguy » Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:14 pm

Hi Guys

I am in UK on tier 1 visa. My wife is in India and I am maintaining her funds from last 15 days and still 2 and half months to go for the completion of 3 months for her maintenance funds criteria + the visa processing time approx a month. We have also registered our marriage and have got the certificate for the same from Gov of India when I was gone back to India for a 10 days visit.

Its really difficult for me to wait for another 3-4 months to get her in UK, Can I get her in UK for now on Tourist visa even if we are legally married? And I am planning to send her back to India before completion of her tourist visa and file the dependent visa from India once the maintenance requirement is fulfilled.

Will my above plan create any problem to get her dependent visa after expiration of her tourist visa?

Is there any constraint on 2nd visa application immediately after expiration of first one?
Please advice.
xyz

alimohmand

Post by alimohmand » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:39 am

no you can apply even if her 6 months visit visa is still valid she can have both visas in her passports.
Good Luck