ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

how tocheck if old EC is still valid after a new EC is given

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vijaymorenau
Newly Registered

how tocheck if old EC is still valid after a new EC is given

Post by vijaymorenau » Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:48 pm

I have been given a transit visa for 24 hours eventhough I had an entry clearance -tier 1 which is still valid upto end of 2011. The immigration officer told me of a rule which says the new entry clearance will supercede the old ones.

How do I make sure my old visa is valid or not? Is there a way to see the status in their system?

Anybody who has a clue pls let me know. Will a subject access request work in my case?

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:56 pm

You have already been answered!

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#361217

Why start a new thread over the same? :roll:

vijaymorenau
Newly Registered

Post by vijaymorenau » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:57 pm

Hi Rozen,

Please read carefully -the last message in that post hasnt been answered and thats the same question I have posted here. I am looking for ways to confirm it and clear my doubt to be on safer side. If you have any inputs pls give it or else this is not a forum for flaunting the IQ :), on a lighter vein.

Thanks

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:40 pm

I'm not 'flaunting' anything!
Then go ahead and apply for SAR! Nothing stopping you!