ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Student Visa Graduation extension

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shola Kind
Newly Registered

Student Visa Graduation extension

Post by shola Kind » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:54 am

My course finished in February 2010, the problem is my Visa expires on the 31st of May 2010. I am planning to apply for PSW, but i read that i have to have minimum of £800 for 3 months before the application. I only managed to put the money into the account on the 3rd of March. This has left me to 3 days short on the bank statement. i was advised to apply for graduation extension (which I'm not sure of how it works but I was told I can get extension till after the graduation) since the graduation is coming in July, then I can apply for the PSW after.

Please I am in desperate of your advice on this issue and I will appreciate your urgent reply to the problem i have created for myself.

rahul12345

Post by rahul12345 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:39 pm

Hi,

> i was advised to apply for graduation extension (which I'm not sure of how it works but I was told I can get extension till after the graduation)

I am not sure either but just a note of caution. If you do get graduation extension, please make sure that it is "Student visa" and NOT a "visitor visa" because if it is "Visitor visa" then you will not be able to shift to PWS visa as the rule mention that "You need to have current student visa in order to shift to PWS".

Good luck.