ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indian Passport for baby born in UK

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pulimiharish
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Indian Passport for baby born in UK

Post by pulimiharish » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:36 pm

Hi

I am trying to apply for a passport to my newborn baby in UK. Can someone let me know the procedure?
I have gone through the HCIL London website (http://www.hcilondon.in/passport.php) but I am not clear whether we can register and apply for the passport at the same time.
I am planning to go to London on this Friday to make the application in person, appreciate if someone can confrm that I can do both the tasks (register at the consulate + Application for a new passport) at the same time.
Any idea how the rush would be at the consulate? because its mentioned that only 45 tokens are issued in a day.

Please check the enclosures:
1. Both parents passports (original + photocopies)
2. Birth certificate (original + photocopy)
3. Fees (£15 + £17)
4. 4 baby passport photographs
5. Both applications (Signed by both the parents + Thumb impression of the baby)
6. Marraige certificate (optional)

Thanks in advance
Harish

bagula_bhagat
BANNED

Post by bagula_bhagat » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:53 pm

1. All documents looks okey to me.

T1_Mainframe

Post by T1_Mainframe » Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:29 pm

No. of token is not limited to 45. All are welcome. However, you may/will experience a very long queue. Long queue mean, long wait - carry water, news paper/magazine so that u can pass the time.