ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from Tier 2 to Tier 1

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Babulal
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Switching from Tier 2 to Tier 1

Post by Babulal » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:04 pm

Hi Guys,

Could someone help me, I am switching from Tier 2 intracompany transfer visa to tier 1. For my Earning calculation I use to get part salary in UK and part salary in India.

So while calculating the indian salary, does it calculates with uplift ratios or not. Please help me. I read the document for Tier 1 guide, it says that it does not considers the uplift ration for extension application.
Also tried on UKBA site, it did calculate the uplift ratio. So please advice.

Regards
Babulal

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:14 pm

Make an effort to search the forum for information and answers already available.

regards

silversurfer

Post by silversurfer » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:51 pm

While working in UK i.e. physicaly present in U.K. uplift ratio can not be used for the remuneration component paid in India.

You should end enter Indian salary as earned in UK and PBS will not apply uplift ratio.
The salary was CREDITED in India but you were physicaly working in UK so it was EARNED in UK.

Newly Registered

Post by avatar10 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:15 am

silversurfer,

what happens if the person completes his work in the uk, returned to india and applying after say 3 months, i think, still he can not use the uplift for the period he was in the UK.is that right ?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:39 am

avatar10 wrote:what happens if the person completes his work in the uk, returned to india and applying after say 3 months, i think, still he can not use the uplift for the period he was in the UK.is that right ?
No, he cannot becuase the (Indian component of) income was earned while residing and working in UK.

regards

ms_singh

New Tier 1 Application Form

Post by ms_singh » Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:59 am

On the new Tier 1 Application form Page 38, Item L2, it says Previous UK experience,Earnings - 5 points go to Section V, which is maintenance funds section.

So my query is, if you qualify for the 5 points UK experience then you go directly to maintenance funds section without going to Section U, which is the English language requirement section - So is English laguage requirement skipped when you qualify for the Uk expereince ?

Anyone who had recently applied for switching to Tier 1 visa from work permit after April 6, please confirm.

All other switching categories Section 3B & 3C in the same application form directs you to Section U- English Laguage requirement even though you qualify for 5 points UK experience.

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Re: New Tier 1 Application Form

Post by aruni4470 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:16 am

ms_singh wrote:On the new Tier 1 Application form Page 38, Item L2, it says Previous UK experience,Earnings - 5 points go to Section V, which is maintenance funds section.

So my query is, if you qualify for the 5 points UK experience then you go directly to maintenance funds section without going to Section U, which is the English language requirement section - So is English laguage requirement skipped when you qualify for the Uk expereince ?

Anyone who had recently applied for switching to Tier 1 visa from work permit after April 6, please confirm.

All other switching categories Section 3B & 3C in the same application form directs you to Section U- English Laguage requirement even though you qualify for 5 points UK experience.
I think you are getting confused between the old form and the new form.

In the new form, section U is for English Language requirement and in the old form section V is for english language requirement.

In the new form, after item L2, it clearly instructs you to goto section U and not section V.

L2. The applicant should indicate the route under which he/she is claiming points in this section:
Previous UK experience - Earnings 5 points - go to Section U
Previous UK experience - Study 5 points - go to question L3

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... l-form.pdf

ms_singh

Post by ms_singh » Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:13 pm

Thanks for this. I can`t believe this.

My application form was downloaded a few days back and I had printed yesterday for filling up and P38, Item L2 mentions go to Section V. I still have the Hard copy in front of me.

Anyways I have checked the link of UK Border Agency again and now it`s updated as go to Section U.

fisher

Post by fisher » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:08 pm

ms_singh wrote:Thanks for this. I can`t believe this.

My application form was downloaded a few days back and I had printed yesterday for filling up and P38, Item L2 mentions go to Section V. I still have the Hard copy in front of me.

Anyways I have checked the link of UK Border Agency again and now it`s updated as go to Section U.

You are right. Even I had noticed this mistake when I filed for Tier 1. They have updated the form on the website but kept the version same.