ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 dependent - evidence not listed on UKBA website

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

london82
Newly Registered

Tier 1 dependent - evidence not listed on UKBA website

Post by london82 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:07 am

Hello

My wife is applying for tier 1 dependent clearance and visa out of the US. I ve been on a tier 1 for 9 months and before that on a work permit for 4 years.
My question concerns some of the supporting evidence that I found listed on the forums:
- sponsorship letter (written by the main applicant and confirming link to the dependent)
- proof of suitable accomodation

I couldnt find a single reference to these on the UKBA website. Are people being confused with the requirements for a spouse visa or is it a warranted caution that should be taken.

Could someone please clarify if these are indeed requirements for a dependent application. What evidence (other than marriage certificate) needs to be provided to evidence my link to my spouse? Will the application be too light if we only submit a marriage certificate alongside some wedding photographs?
Many thanks in advance

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:48 pm

Recently UKBA is being very strict in dealing with the applications.. so it is safe to enclose both Sponser Letter and Accomodation proof (since you are in Uk since long);

pls seach the forum for sponser letter formats..

Marriage certificate + wedding photos are enough

ali_hsn

Post by ali_hsn » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:20 am

hi,

http://bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteconten ... olicy1.pdf

this is the link for dependant guidance notes from the homeoffice website. Go through the guidance which has detailed information on requirement and maintenance funds.

regards,
all is well that ends well