ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

"Mobile Allowance", "Insurance Premium"

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rackspace

"Mobile Allowance", "Insurance Premium"

Post by rackspace » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:17 pm

Can I claim "Mobile Credit Allowance" and "Health Insurance Premium" in annual earnings?
These were not paid to my bank account, and are considered non-cash benefits.

push
United Kingdom

Re: "Mobile Allowance", "Insurance Premium&q

Post by push » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:56 pm

rackspace wrote:Can I claim "Mobile Credit Allowance" and "Health Insurance Premium" in annual earnings?
These were not paid to my bank account, and are considered non-cash benefits.
what are these allowances? What do you mean by "non-cash benefits"
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

rackspace

Post by rackspace » Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:52 am

Health insurance premium is a payment for my health insurance paid to the insurance company directly by my employer

And as I work for a Mobile Operator like Voda Phone, they allow me to use 150 pounds worth of credit to call and send texts.

Both of these things are not actually cash money, and so are not paid to me directly. But are considered as Non-Cash Benefits.

So can I use include them as my yearly earnings.??

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:40 am

rackspace wrote:Health insurance premium is a payment for my health insurance paid to the insurance company directly by my employer

And as I work for a Mobile Operator like Voda Phone, they allow me to use 150 pounds worth of credit to call and send texts.

Both of these things are not actually cash money, and so are not paid to me directly. But are considered as Non-Cash Benefits.

So can I use include them as my yearly earnings.??
Simple answer, if these non cash benefits are taxed in yr salary slip u will be fine , if yr company has taken benefits from hmrc on this benefits that NOt to Tax u than u cant get this non cah nenefits as yr income for HO point of view