ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Tier 2 Visa-Minimum Stint of Employment with Company Reqd

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jacqulinegeorge
Newly Registered

UK Tier 2 Visa-Minimum Stint of Employment with Company Reqd

Post by jacqulinegeorge » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:00 am

Hi everyone

I have a doubt regarding the minimum time that an applicant needs to be employed with the company when planning to apply for a UK Tier 2 Visa.

I am confused if it is 6 months/ 12 months with the same employer.

Please clarify this doubt.

Thanks in advance for your time and forthcoming response.

Jacquline

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:50 am

If i understand you correct.. you are currently working with the employer on Visa other than tier2(G) like psw and in such case it will be 6months..

jacqulinegeorge
Newly Registered

Post by jacqulinegeorge » Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:03 pm

tvn_ramesh wrote:If i understand you correct.. you are currently working with the employer on Visa other than tier2(G) like psw and in such case it will be 6months..
Hi Ramesh, I am currently in India working for my employer for the past 9 months. I was earlier sent on a business visit visa for 6 months.

The company is now planning to send me on Tier 2 Visa for a year or two.

I would like to know if the period I have worked with my company needs to be 6months/1 year for the application.

Could you provide me with a link which shows the needed information?

Thanks, and I hope you have understood my doubt clearer now.

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:27 am

jacqulinegeorge wrote:
tvn_ramesh wrote:If i understand you correct.. you are currently working with the employer on Visa other than tier2(G) like psw and in such case it will be 6months..
Hi Ramesh, I am currently in India working for my employer for the past 9 months. I was earlier sent on a business visit visa for 6 months.

I would like to know if the period I have worked with my company needs to be 6months/1 year for the application.

still not sure about your query but seems like you dont totally understand the tier 2 system.

lets say your employer(who must be on an approved list maintained by ukba, more details on ukba website) give you a job for x months. on basis of that period, you will apply for tier 2 visa asking HO to grant you leave to stay and work for this employer. once that period is ended then you will have choice to either extend it or leave country.

there is no minimum/maximum stuff going on here.

regards

ps. 6 months period is only relevant to tier 2 general application if you are in UK and working for employer for 6 months(it gives you 30 points for tier 2 visa).

jacqulinegeorge
Newly Registered

Post by jacqulinegeorge » Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:14 am

arsenal49 wrote:
jacqulinegeorge wrote:

still not sure about your query but seems like you dont totally understand the tier 2 system.

lets say your employer(who must be on an approved list maintained by ukba, more details on ukba website) give you a job for x months. on basis of that period, you will apply for tier 2 visa asking HO to grant you leave to stay and work for this employer. once that period is ended then you will have choice to either extend it or leave country.

there is no minimum/maximum stuff going on here.

regards

ps. 6 months period is only relevant to tier 2 general application if you are in UK and working for employer for 6 months(it gives you 30 points for tier 2 visa).
I will make my questions more clearer, sir.

I am working for an Indian Employer for the past 9 months, and there was a plan for sending me to a customer location in the U.K. on a Tier 2 Visa. My employer is on the approved list of UKBA.

I was shown that there have been changes in the Immigration Laws of the U.K, that if my employer needs to apply a Tier 2 visa for me, I need to have been worked in that company for more than 1 yr.

I hope this makes it more clearer.

Thanks.

tier1_aspirant_del

Post by tier1_aspirant_del » Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:36 am

jacqulinegeorge, it is one year after April 6 when UKBA decided to make changes in Tier 1 and Tier 2 categories. So you should be working with your current employer for at least a year to apply for Tier 2 intra company transfer visa.

See http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... -of-policy