ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU1 application not accepted!

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

koded

EU1 application not accepted!

Post by koded » Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:22 pm

Applied for EUFam 3 days ago and today I got a letter that they no-longer recognise marriage at the embassy. And that I should submit the following documents
P60
pay slip
PRTB
Letter from Landord or contract.
Bank statement.
So my case is this. Both of us moved to Ireland 3 weeks ago and my wife was luck to find job with contract.
Our marriage was not done in an Embassy. It was done in a marriage registry in another country which my wife embassy and my embassy legalize it. the original certificate was in Arabic and I have it translated which my embassy legalize the translation. I am think they dont even read the content of the marriage certificate and perhaps think it was done in embassy because of embassy stamps.
For the other documents they are requesting such as p60 and pay slip. I wonder how they want us to provide it since both of us move the same time.
We moved from Sweden with our baby that was born in Sweden.
I want to write a letter to them that marriage was not done in Embassy and that We move the same time.
I got my visa in irish embassy in Sweden and I am wondering how they didnt say anything about marriage certificate during visa application.
Any suggestion on what to do next.
Thanks.

Monifé

Post by Monifé » Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:44 pm

Hi Koded

I would say write them a letter explaining how and where your marriage took place and why the embassy has stamped it.

In relation to the other info. Is your wife paid weekly? If so, submit her payslip with that letter.

If not explain that she has not been paid yet as you have only been here for 3 weeks and that you will forward the payslips as soon as she receives them.

If you have opened bank accounts, ask the bank for a statement asap and send that on too.

In relation to the PRTB, once the Landlord registers you, it can take up to 14 weeks to receive this form so let them know that too. Ask your landlord for a copy of the lease and a letter to send aswell.

The P60 is an end of year tax certificate, so you need to again, tell them you have only been here 3 weeks and that it is not possible for you to be issued with that yet. Perhaps submit some of your wifes previous employment payslips or tax documents from sweden.

Hope everything else is going well :)
beloved is the enemy of freedom, and deserves to be met head-on and stamped out - Pierre Berton

koded

Post by koded » Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:55 pm

thank you. I going to do as you said. It is very funny that they can't even read english. just glance at it and make a conclussion.
They didnt even return my passport and I wonder why because that is my private document.
For the PRTB, we just got our PPS number so our landlord is going to register us as soon as possible.
For bank Statement, I will submit.
My wife never recieve her first salary in her new job. the first job she got was without contract but she now found another job with contract which they will start her first payment after 10 days.
It is really shamefully that they are treating family member of EU this way. But I am not going to take it so easy because I don't care if I go away from here.

Ben
Diamond Member

Re: EU1 application not accepted!

Post by Ben » Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:14 pm

koded wrote:PRTB
For the love of god.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 666#343666

Sending FOI request now. Will post updates as I receive.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

walrusgumble
BANNED

Post by walrusgumble » Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:22 pm

get a detailed letter from employer (headed paper with contact details) and letter from landlord and a copy of the lease.

koded

Post by koded » Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:36 pm

walrusgumble wrote:get a detailed letter from employer (headed paper with contact details) and letter from landlord and a copy of the lease.
I submitted a letter from employer and contract of the job. She works for 30 hrs in a week.
The real issue here is that they dont even look at my documents before concluding. Because our marriage they said is from embassy is never from embassy. the only see an embassy stamp on it an conclude that it was from embassy. When I applied for the visa in Sweden I was told by Irish embassy in Stockholm to put appostille on the marriage certificate, which I did.
I also submitted rent lease agreement from the landlord. As for PRTB, we will get perhaps in 3 weeks time. our landlord is going to register on next week.
thanks guys for ur contribution.

Ben
Diamond Member

Re: EU1 application not accepted!

Post by Ben » Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:54 pm

Ben wrote:
koded wrote:PRTB
For the love of god.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 666#343666

Sending FOI request now. Will post updates as I receive.
Will post this on Monday:
http://kotekbesar.com/FOI_190410_PRTB.pdf

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:55 pm

koded wrote:As for PRTB, we will get perhaps in 3 weeks time. our landlord is going to register on next week.
And if he doesn't register the tenancy?

koded

Post by koded » Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:11 pm

Ben wrote:
koded wrote:As for PRTB, we will get perhaps in 3 weeks time. our landlord is going to register on next week.
And if he doesn't register the tenancy?

Well, in the Letter I am going to send to them I wrote that PRTB is never part of requirement for residence Card. I can only submit it if I have it.
you know the funny thing here they want me to register as partner not spouse. which I will object.
I think these people working at the immigration are really incompetent.

koded

Update

Post by koded » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:39 am

I got an appology letter from the ministry with regard to our marriage certificate which they said took place from embassy.
But they inisist I must submit PRTB, payslip and tax credit certificate. Our landlord have already registered us. and other documents I will try to submit to them later in future.
Cant believe they need all these documents and still be issuing people with only 1 months visa at the airport.
Thank you guys!

knapps
Member of Standing

Post by knapps » Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:43 pm

they must not ask for PRTB as is is not a requirement..i must say you should contact www.immigrantcouncil.ie and let them know or contact RTE prime time as it is a violation of the EU law

doesnotcompute

Post by doesnotcompute » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:21 pm

knapps wrote:contact RTE prime time as it is a violation of the EU law
....while you're at it, get on the blower to JOE DUFFY! Talk to Joe!!

:P

koded

Post by koded » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:41 am

I can afford to submit all the documents they required. ButI will make sure I let them know that those documents they requsting are not necessarily. Like Ben always say that there are other means of proving residence in the state not until you submit PRTB. infact I discuss with my Landlord about it and he said PRTB is Landlord's responsibility.
BTW, someone with PPS number already prove that he or she is residing in the state.
That is why I like Sweden, once you have social security number then you are entitle to do most things there. Immigrants call it "Magic number" Because once you have most employer dont bother anymore and of course they will verify the number from their Tax office.