ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Earning Period???

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ep
Newly Registered

Earning Period???

Post by ep » Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:02 pm

Hi All,

I am writing in favour to a friend who is about to apply for Tier 1 (General) in few days and would like to get opinion from you all.

For the earning section, the application form asks for the start and end date. And in his case, he has worked for three different employers simultaneously and one after the other as well as working as self employed for good few months.

for the earning section, what start and end dates are required to mention for these total four earning sources? Is it going to be the exact start and end date of each earning source separately or is it the period of total earning (such as 1st april 2009 till 31st march 2010)????

I'd really appreciate your feedback.

Cheers.

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:45 am

you should write the earning period for which you are claiming points. the earliest date should not be more than 15 months old from the date of your application and must be consecutive 12 month period.

the sources of income will be the next thing on caseworker's mind. make his/her job easier by clearly highlightig different sources as well as two seperate evidence for each source of income.

for example, use different coloured highlighter on bank statements to differentiate between the sources...

caseworker will be more willing to give you points if you make his/her work easier by doing this sorta thing

regards

ep
Newly Registered

Post by ep » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:59 am

Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it, but my query is a bit different.

For example:

I am claiming points for period of 12 months from May 2009 to April 2010 and have done following jobs:

job one: December 2008 to May 2009
Job two: May to Sept 2009
Job three: June to August 2009
Self employed: May 2009 to April 2010

Now in application form on employment section in first column should I write the exact period of each job i.e.

May 09 for first job, may to sept 09 for second, june to aug 09 for third and may 09 to april 10 for fourth

or I should just write May 09 to April 10 for each job because all jobs were done in period and I am claiming points for the same as well..

Regards
ep

ursbunti

Post by ursbunti » Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:58 am

i think this is right

source 1/job1: December 2008 to May 2009
source 2/job2: May 2009 to Sept 2009
source 3/job3: June 2009 to August 2009
source 4/Self employed: May 2009 to April 2010

u must have copy of this page of application form as ur sources are more than 3 and apllication form page provides space for only 3 sources so u need one row more.

But seniors can comment more precisely.