ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT-Showing Funds from Home Country - exchange rate calc?

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mir_azam_k
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

URGENT-Showing Funds from Home Country - exchange rate calc?

Post by mir_azam_k » Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:35 am

Hi,

I am showing part of the funds from UK bank account and rest of the funds from a bank account of my home country. I have read in the Tier 4 guidance that if the applicant is showing funds from an overseas account, the exchange rate needs to be as per the oanda currency converter. But I did not understand about the which exchange rate should be taken for a period of 28 consecutive days, to show the funds in GBP? Can anyone please suggest the correct way of showing funds from the following 3 options:

(a) Exchange rate for each day (of 28 consecutive days)
Ex: *01/03/2010*-*Bal in Overseas Curr xxxx*-*Exchange rate as
on 01/03/2010*-*Calculated Bal in GBP*

*02/03/2010*-*Bal in Overseas Curr xxxx*-*Exchange rate as
on 02/03/2010*-*Calculated Bal in GBP*

*03/03/2010*-*Bal in Overseas Curr xxxx*-*Exchange rate as
on 03/03/2010*-*Calculated Bal in GBP*

and so on........ for 28 consecutive days

(b) Calculate the average of the Exchange rates for 28 consecutive days and then calculate the value of funds in GBP based on this fixed exchange rate.

(c) Calculate the value of funds in GBP, on each of the 28 consecutive days, based the exchange rate as on the last date of the 28 consecutive days

Please suggest if there is any other correct way of doing so.

many thanks