ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

No Acknowledgement Letter From HO

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Aussie
Newly Registered

No Acknowledgement Letter From HO

Post by Aussie » Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:14 pm

Hi, I applied for Tier 1 general on 1st of April. But I haven't received any acknowledgement letter from HO yet and its nearly been two weeks now. I sent the application through special delivery and it was delivered on 6th of April according to post office track and trace.

Is it normal and I should just wait for it to turn up? Ps I sent postal orders so no way to find out if payment has been processed or so.

James

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Re: No Acknowledgement Letter From HO

Post by aruni4470 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:23 pm

Aussie wrote:Hi, I applied for Tier 1 general on 1st of April. But I haven't received any acknowledgement letter from HO yet and its nearly been two weeks now. I sent the application through special delivery and it was delivered on 6th of April according to post office track and trace.

Is it normal and I should just wait for it to turn up? Ps I sent postal orders so no way to find out if payment has been processed or so.

James
There are instances where the applicants did not receive the acknowledgement letter still their applications were processed and received their visa. Keep the proof of posting safe. Also you can find out whether your postal orders were cashed. The contact numbers are in the below thread.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... stal+order

Aussie
Newly Registered

Post by Aussie » Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:12 pm

Thank you very much. Will check tomorrow if postal orders have been cashed.

Just wondering, isn't there a way to let HO know that acknowledgement letter hasn't been received?

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:21 pm

Aussie wrote:Thank you very much. Will check tomorrow if postal orders have been cashed.

Just wondering, isn't there a way to let HO know that acknowledgement letter hasn't been received?
Once you check that the POs were cashed, I believe that you could call them and ask a ref number.

Phone: 0870 606 7766
Email: UKBApublicenquiries@ukba.gsi.gov.uk