ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Joint account with father for maintenance of funds

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

s4salil

Post by s4salil » Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:12 pm

Hi,
I am going to apply for Tier 1 GENERAL mostly by 3rd May 2010. I have a joint account with my father which has the desired funds to show as evidence to Maintenance of funds section.

I read it in a few posts that a joint account with father is not considered by the BHC. But i could not found any such statement in the UKBA/ the visa web site.

Can someone shed some light on this?
If this is not valid what other option do I have?
Is it fine if I submit a letter from the bank only without the account statement which will state that I have these funds available for last 3 months?

Please revert ASAP.
Thanks in advance,
Cheers
Salil

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:01 pm

Don't think Joint account with your father should be a problem as long as your name is on the statements for desired period.

s4salil

Post by s4salil » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:15 pm

chetanojha wrote:Don't think Joint account with your father should be a problem as long as your name is on the statements for desired period.
Thanks for the reply.. i read it on a forum that its not accepted ...
And I am confused because of this, i dont want my application to get rejected for this :(
here is what he had to say :
@ www.spammer.com/uk-discussion-f ... nt-account

you cannot show a joint account with your dad. Joint accounts will be taken into consideration for EC maintenance calculations only if it is held jointly with your spouse.

Here you go...this is an actual clarification receivied on the exact same topic...hope it clarifies all your doubts!!...All the best.

(1) "The funds should be in the applicant's name or in a joint account with a married, unmarried or civil partner. If it is in a savings account, the funds must have been held for at least 3 months. Should the money be in a current account the account must have been active for at least 6 months and show regular salary or other income in line with the applicant's stated occupation"
(2) "Applicants must provide documentary evidence detailing the source of any funds that have entered their account(s) within the last 3 months, for example fixed deposits, receipts and/or legal documents relating to the sale of assets."

BOTH the above points must be fulfilled excatly..else they will reject your EC application.