ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Self Employed Earnings

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cheekyvirgin

Self Employed Earnings

Post by cheekyvirgin » Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:34 pm

Hi

I am full time employed by a company and earning 26k a year and i am doing some IT work privately and want to declare myself self employed for the 8k a year , i get this money in cash.

According to guidance note it says.

vi) Self-employed applicants only - letter from the applicant’s accountant (confirming that the applicant received the exact amount he/she is claiming, or the net profit to which he/she is entitled). This is a letter from the applicant’s accountant on headed paper confirming the gross and net pay for the period claimed. The letter should give a breakdown of salary, dividends, profits, tax credits and dates of net payments earned. If the applicant’s earnings are a share of the net profit of the company, the letter should also explain this. All accountants must be either fully qualified chartered accountants or certified accountants who are members of a registered body such as ACCA, CIMA, ACA, CIPFA etc.

So my question is letter from the accountant and tax documents would be enough to prove earnings rather then money is reflecting in my account.

Please advice.

doctorslion
Newly Registered

Post by doctorslion » Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:33 pm

Yes, that should be enough.

cheekyvirgin

Post by cheekyvirgin » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:14 pm

doctorslion wrote:Yes, that should be enough.
So accountant letter and tax documents should be fine.

Thanks