ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

how to check if i m eligible for ILR and doc do i need

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Son_of_Soil
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

how to check if i m eligible for ILR and doc do i need

Post by Son_of_Soil » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:26 pm

hi
i got my hsmp for 2 years under 65 points rule on 20th nov 2006, and after i got it extend undeR JR till nov 2011.
wat do i need to check if am eligible for ILR in nov 2011
what are the set point i should compare my self..
please guide with the documents aswell

thanks in advance

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:39 pm

Please read the ' settlement' section and how to apply, on UKBA website, which is self explanatory. Your ILR will be in Nov 2011, which is still a long time away, so you have plenty of time. Perhaps some rules may change, although hopefully you may be covered by HSMP JR.
Best wishes

Son_of_Soil
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Son_of_Soil » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:22 pm

gidoc wrote:Please read the ' settlement' section and how to apply, on UKBA website, which is self explanatory. Your ILR will be in Nov 2011, which is still a long time away, so you have plenty of time. Perhaps some rules may change, although hopefully you may be covered by HSMP JR.
Best wishes
hi i just check the settlement section, however i cnt see anything wher i can check my eligibility for ilr ,hsmp JR.
i m still very confused with the documents ans the new rules coming in place in july 2011, not sure if i will be covered..
juss got married so a bit extra concerned about the future..n the rules keep changing adding more uncertainity towards future plans

thanks in advance

foxy

Post by foxy » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:40 am

I thought the HSMP JR people were only until April 2006?

In any case, you would be eligible to apply from October 2011 (28 days before you complete your 5 years). That said, from my understanding, you would fall under the remit of the new rules if they indeed start to be applicable from July 2011, so 1-3 year probationary residence followed by citizenship. Of course, all this could just go back in the air post election.

My 2 cents: give it another year, then re-evaluate your position. It's no use worrying now.

shs213

Post by shs213 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:36 am

foxy wrote:
I thought the HSMP JR people were only until April 2006?
Pre April-06 is covered by HSMP JR and eligible for ILR in 4 years, no need to do LIUK test...

Between Apr-Nov 06 - is covered by HSMP JR as well, but they get ILR in five years - no need to do LIUK test....

Son_of_Soil - Keep following the forum, what ever the preperations you do now may become redundent if they introduce new rules next April/July 2011 rules...

So you will have to wait - we all know it's frustrating...

GETMEIN

Post by GETMEIN » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:08 pm

This has been answered so many times... please read through the topics already posted... you might learn many other useful info as well !!!
Put in some efforts!

Son_of_Soil wrote:
Thanxs very much for the information provided. My mind is at peace now.
However on the UKBA link provided, when it says 5year contineous stay in uk, does dat mean no absence from uk atall???
I have been to India for couple of times but never stayed for more than 3 weeks, is there any set number of days I can b absent from uk,?

Thanxs
Son_of_Soil

GETMEIN
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:37 pm Post subject:
Dear Idea

This is the link for your reference and reading.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... ialreview/

Cheers
GETMEIN

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:32 pm Post subject:
Quote:
the new regulations expected in july 2011 may affect you too
so take your time and get updated with all the information you'll need

I did not want to reply but felt the need as my dear mate Idea has weird ideas.

Please do not just right in giving your views without knowing the facts. Please read the HSMP JR and Home Office website which clearly mentions HSMP applicants prior to November 2006 qualify for ILR in 5 years and they don't have to give Life in the UK test. New rules coming in July 2011 does not affect them.

I hope this makes clear.

Cheers

Idea
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:25 pm Post subject: New rules
the new regulations expected in july 2011 may affect you too
so take your time and get updated with all the information you'll need
bani
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:26 am Post subject:
Son_of_Soil wrote:
hi .. it not liek that mate, i just came acoss to this forum website, dnt want to trouble anyone, may be its just that i m too stressed. do applogoes for that.

No point being stressed this early before Nov 2011. I think you have enough time to read this forum and search the UKBA website. I already sent a UKBA link in the other thread you started.
Son_of_Soil

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:14 am Post subject:
hi .. it not liek that mate, i just came acoss to this forum website, dnt want to trouble anyone, may be its just that i m too stressed. do applogoes for that.

GETMEIN
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:11 am Post subject:
I think you are desperate to find the answers with help. You just do not want to try hard. It takes half a day to read everything on this forum and everybody does it. You need spoon feeding.

Go to Home Office website and search your answer there. I am sure if you persist there would be guys who like to help spoon feeders like you. And please don't duplicate your post on the same forum.

Typical attitude of a lazy bum!
Son_of_Soil
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:53 am Post subject: document required for ILR IN NOV 2011
hi
i will qualify for ILR in nov 2011 (hsmp2yrs and tier 1 JR 3 years),can anyone tell me what documents do i need to submit with my application? n how many funds do i need to show? i have my spouse as dependent .i m working ful time n salary under just under 18K.will it effect my application.?

Pandits..please guide...
sanj

Dear Son of soil

Your queries were already answered and you start another post with the same query. I think you suffer from obsessive compulsive disorder!