ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 General – Uplift query

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Newly Registered

Tier 1 General – Uplift query

Post by avatar10 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:45 am

Scenario: Tier2 ICT ( Indian Salary + UK allowance )

I Left UK mid of Jan 2010 and presently working in INDIA, Can I use uplift for the whole month of Jan for the salary paid in INDIA, since
I was physically present in India, for most of the days in this month + add UK allowances for the days worked in the UK.

Or

Do I have to be accurate by dividing the Indian salary by 31 days, and use appropriate uplift for the days worked in India?

Or

Use uplift multiplier 1 and convert earnings straight to GBP and add it to UK allowance. Start using uplift from the next month onwards i.e. from Feb.

Please advise, would highly appreciate your suggestion.

beecharmer1800bc

Re: Tier 1 General – Uplift query

Post by beecharmer1800bc » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:23 pm

avatar10 wrote:Scenario: Tier2 ICT ( Indian Salary + UK allowance )

I Left UK mid of Jan 2010 and presently working in INDIA, Can I use uplift for the whole month of Jan for the salary paid in INDIA, since
I was physically present in India, for most of the days in this month + add UK allowances for the days worked in the UK.

Or

Do I have to be accurate by dividing the Indian salary by 31 days, and use appropriate uplift for the days worked in India?

Or

Use uplift multiplier 1 and convert earnings straight to GBP and add it to UK allowance. Start using uplift from the next month onwards i.e. from Feb.

Please advise, would highly appreciate your suggestion.
You can use the whole salary if it was paid when you were in India. Again, the funds needs to have been paid into your Indian personal account at the time
Don't waste your time working hard-work smart

Newly Registered

Post by avatar10 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:45 am

Thanks for your reply,beecharmer1800bc.

My indian salary INR is always paid in my Indian Bank account.
Does that mean since i was physically present in India while getting paid for that month Jan, I can use that whole months salary and use uplift 5.3 ?

beecharmer1800bc

Post by beecharmer1800bc » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:00 am

avatar10 wrote:Thanks for your reply,beecharmer1800bc.

My indian salary INR is always paid in my Indian Bank account.
Does that mean since i was physically present in India while getting paid for that month Jan, I can use that whole months salary and use uplift 5.3 ?
If you were in India at the time of the credit, then yes, you can use the full month's wage.
Don't waste your time working hard-work smart

ram80
United Kingdom

Post by ram80 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:41 pm

If i understand you right

1. You spent a part of the month in the UK (during which you got additional allowances)
2. Spent rest of the month in India, but got paid the Indian component for the whole month into your Indian banking account.

I doubt if you will be allowed to claim the entire month's earnings for uplift. You may be able to do the uplift only for the period you were in India.

Perhaps you can add up UK allowances + Indian Salary and then split the total proportionately between India and UK for calculating uplift, but check with the UKBA before you do this.

Whether you were in India on the day you were paid salary is irrelevant, also where you got that salary paid is irrelevant. If you received, say 1 lakh in India for the month, and spent 3 days in the UK, you can only apply uplift for the balance 27 days (assuming 30 days in the month)

Newly Registered

Post by avatar10 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:59 am

Hi Raj,

I understand your accurate calculation, regarding the days.
But this kind of information is not available in Policy Guidelines that case
workers follow. I don’t think I can divide the total salary by 31 days and split accordingly, which is not in the guidelines. I am bit confused now.

Senior's and Guru's, your suggestions please.

Thank you.

ram80
United Kingdom

Post by ram80 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:04 am

Hey,

Ask your employer to say which part of the salary was earned in the UK and which part was earned in India. Submit that as a proof and apply the uplift ratios for the India part (money earned for the period of work in India).

Newly Registered

Post by avatar10 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:05 pm

Thanks Ram, but it is next to impossible getting that from HR.
Has any one faced similar issue ?

Any help!

moitravel
Newly Registered

Post by moitravel » Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:51 pm

I have a similar issue. Since my India payslip shows 31 days I'm using this as my Indian salary with the uplift ratio.

There is some allowance in the UK, but I'm choosing to ignore it than complicate things. :D

npanglia

Post by npanglia » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:24 am

Something similar is mine case.
- For a articular month - Spent 3 days in UK and rest of the days in India.
I am going to mention in my cover letter "To avoid discrepancy and double counting not claiming earning for what is earned in UK for that month and consider earnings paid in INDIA for that month. The fundamental for doing this is less no. of days spent in UK (3) than in India (27).

I hope they should accept this. Any suggestions?