ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

discrepancies in payslip because of deductions

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

keepsmilinyaar
United Kingdom

discrepancies in payslip because of deductions

Post by keepsmilinyaar » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:05 pm

Hi,

I will be applying for the Tier 1 UK General Visa.
I have the following questions:

1. Two of my payslips have a lot of deductions (i.e. My employer will be crediting less salary for the specific months, as there will be deductions because of foreign travel, etc).
Do you think that this would cause any problems with the case worker, since the salary is not complete and has a few? Should I explain the reasons in the cover letter?
While the bank statement will prove that it is indeed the salary since it states 'SALARY FOR MONTH JAN 2010' against every salary payment

2. Will it be alright to use my bank statement as proof for previous earnings and maintenance ? I hope there have not been any rejections due to this.

3. If for any reason, the caseworker decides to ignore a specific months salary, does it result in direct refusal of the VISA, or will the case worker add the rest of the points and accordingly make a judgement on the points scored after ignoring the specific months salary?

Thanks for all the advice and support in advance.

Regards
Rahul

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:02 pm

1. You are fine as long as the Net amount on ur payslip matches exactly to the net deposited in the bank (bankstatement); dont worry abt the deductions its all common

2. You shuld use Bankstatements as 1 source for earnings and Maintenance funds.. other source for earnings she be payslips (ideally)

3. As observed, the CW will ignore that month and calculate the earnings points based on the rest of the payslips

keepsmilinyaar
United Kingdom

Hi

Post by keepsmilinyaar » Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:38 am

Thanks for the response Ramesh.

keepsmilinyaar
United Kingdom

Hi

Post by keepsmilinyaar » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:08 pm

Hi Ramesh,

Have one more question around the discrepancy.

1. In my company we have the flexibility of choosing how we wish to divide our salary statement, for e.g. Gross = Fixed + Flexible
2. I had chosen to have my flexible provided to me towards the end of the Financial year (Mar 2010). This was credited to my account in a lumpsum which is reflected both in the payslip and salary.
3. So wanted to know that when I write the cover letter and quote the salaries recieved for the 12 months, how do you suppose I highlight it.

Should I just divide my total gross (before tax) by 12 and show it on each month
am sure this approach would not be wise. If you reply in brief, it would surely be helpful.
Thanks again.
Rahul