ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please help-It is urgent

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cb20
Newly Registered

Please help-It is urgent

Post by cb20 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:17 am

Hi

I am on spousal visa my husband is a green card holder.
Before marriage I was a student and use to work and after getting the spouse visa I suppose to stop working but due to some circumstances I continued my previous job for 6 months(at that time I was on spousal visa).
The person cannot work who are on spousal visa without a permit but I did it in some circumstances for 6 months.

Now I am going for the renewal will this reason affect my renewal.
Will they ask anything related to work or will they know reagrding these things.
Kindly anybody suggest plss.
Thanks.

smalltime

Post by smalltime » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:34 am

you should not be working.

if you have payslip then you pay prsi then they might know that you are working

be careful if they catch you, you and your husband might not be renewed and can be grounds for deportation.

some dependents working while waiting for the work permit

I stronly suggest that you have to apply for work permit, spousal work permit but i know its hard but you try and try until you succeed.

cb20
Newly Registered

Post by cb20 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:43 am

smalltime wrote:you should not be working

be careful if they catch you, you and your husband might not be renewed and can be grounds for deportation.

I stronly suggest that you have to apply for work permit, spousal work permit but i know its hard but you try and try until you succeed.
Hi there many thanks for your reply.

I am not working now.
I worked for 6 months in the beginning(I was on student visa before so the same job i continued for 6 months after i got spousal visa)

So as I am not working now i think there is no need to apply for a permit.
I will apply for a permit If i find any job in future.
Correct me if am wrong.It is the same question again that will they come to know regarding this.Please let me know I am worried a lot regarding this.

Thanks

smalltime

Post by smalltime » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:36 pm

i know for a fact that some people in ireland who are dependent work as nannies or caregivers at home so they are not in the books no tax just paid cash so they get away with it revenue doesnt know. but i warn you this is illegal and now the revenue is looking for people like these.

anyway inis if suspicious they will request docs from revenue if you paid prsi means you worked.

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:59 pm

cb20 wrote:
smalltime wrote:you should not be working

Hi there many thanks for your reply.

I am not working now.
I worked for 6 months in the beginning(I was on student visa before so the same job i continued for 6 months after i got spousal visa)

So as I am not working now i think there is no need to apply for a permit.
I will apply for a permit If i find any job in future.
Correct me if am wrong.It is the same question again that will they come to know regarding this.Please let me know I am worried a lot regarding this.

Thanks
When did you convert from student visa to dependant visa? How long ago since you stopped working? It is unlikely that INIS will pick up on this unless they have a suspicion or they were tipped off. INIS do not ordinarily have direct access to revenue records unless they request for them from the revenue.

BTW, it's probably too late now, but what I would have done immediately after the stamp conversion was to apply for a work permit. If your spouse had been on Green Card prior to June 2009, there would have been no problem or restriction on your application for a spousal w/p. You would have been able to apply by yourself and since you would have been working for the same employer, I reckon it would have been easy to get your employer to sign the form for you even if you have to pay for the permit yourself.

Good luck

9j
What lies behind us and ahead of us is nothing compared to what lies within us