ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Got ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ennappa
Newly Registered

Got ILR

Post by ennappa » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:17 pm

What can I say, when I wanted info to apply for my ILR, I found it very much useful. So, I felt its my responsibility to contribute from my side.

Reached the Glasgow PEO at 9:40 AM( had an appointment at 10:00), main entrance security asked us to go to 3rd building( you can see 3 smal buildings, one by one )
There, we had to clear the security, they took everything from us except the docs. My son's PRAM was allowed.
Went to the receptionist, collected the token, waited for 15 min, before we were called to the counter, the first case worker asked to submit all the doc which I feel wil support my case and asked when Did i arrive in UK. I told him the date.
Thats it, he asked us to wait for 15 min, exactly after 15 min he called us and said he is ok with doc and asked us to pay the fee.
We paid the fee and after 15 min second caseworker called us, he took 2/3 min to scan the docs and said he is going to issue the ILR.

After waiting for 45 min, got our ILR...releived.

My case: I entered uk on work permit and switched to Tier1(General) after 3 years..that means 3 yrs work permit + 2yrs tier 1
Gap: I was jobless for nearly 5 months in 2009, none of the case worker really bothered about it. They bothered about the below docs..

1).pay slips ( latest)
2).Bank statements ( latest)
3).p60 and p45
4).Employer letter and life in the uk certificate
5).Marriage certificate
6).My son's Birth certificate
Last but not least the fee.. :-)

They were concerned about no of days outside the country not about no of months you are jobless...

All the best for everyone who is waiting to apply/waiting for approval

pubmania
Newly Registered

Post by pubmania » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:30 pm

Congrats Mate!! Thanks for sharing your experince with rest of the forum members.

pubmania
Newly Registered

Re: Got ILR

Post by pubmania » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:40 pm

ennappa wrote:What can I say, when I wanted info to apply for my ILR, I found it very much useful. So, I felt its my responsibility to contribute from my side.

Reached the Glasgow PEO at 9:40 AM( had an appointment at 10:00), main entrance security asked us to go to 3rd building( you can see 3 smal buildings, one by one )
There, we had to clear the security, they took everything from us except the docs. My son's PRAM was allowed.
Went to the receptionist, collected the token, waited for 15 min, before we were called to the counter, the first case worker asked to submit all the doc which I feel wil support my case and asked when Did i arrive in UK. I told him the date.
Thats it, he asked us to wait for 15 min, exactly after 15 min he called us and said he is ok with doc and asked us to pay the fee.
We paid the fee and after 15 min second caseworker called us, he took 2/3 min to scan the docs and said he is going to issue the ILR.

After waiting for 45 min, got our ILR...releived.

My case: I entered uk on work permit and switched to Tier1(General) after 3 years..that means 3 yrs work permit + 2yrs tier 1
Gap: I was jobless for nearly 5 months in 2009, none of the case worker really bothered about it. They bothered about the below docs..

1).pay slips ( latest)
2).Bank statements ( latest)
3).p60 and p45
4).Employer letter and life in the uk certificate
5).Marriage certificate
6).My son's Birth certificate
Last but not least the fee.. :-)

They were concerned about no of days outside the country not about no of months you are jobless...

All the best for everyone who is waiting to apply/waiting for approval
Congrats Mate!!! Thanks for sharing your exp. with the forum members.
Can you please share with the forum the format of Employer Letter you have submitted.

Many thanks,
Sam