ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How is studying viewed on spousal/discretionary application?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

patience7

How is studying viewed on spousal/discretionary application?

Post by patience7 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:40 pm

Hi

I am thinking of studying however I am wondering how the home office would favour my spouses application for flr(m) or extended discretionary visa when it came time to renew in terms of financial support.

As you are aware whilst studying there is not much scope for working whilst studying so it would be hard to meet the home office's sposual support requirement of £405 a month after bills. However if I had savings at the time would this counteract this in terms of a successful application and how much would I need?

Thanks

patience7

Post by patience7 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:48 pm

Please if anybody has any advice...please do reply to this post.

Many Thanks

patience7

Post by patience7 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:39 am

Anyone please?

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:03 pm

A long as you have enough in savings to last for about 6 months to show to the eco when she applies for a spousal visa then you should be fine.
I tell it like it is.