ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

quick question

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kanyba
Newly Registered

quick question

Post by kanyba » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:35 am

Hi all,
I have a friend who obtained his PR on his own right after a bitter divorce from his ex EEA spouse.
He last night asked if it is possible to remary and make an application to a lady he met 8 months ago(who is a non eea, and an overstayer in uk.

From my own understanding,I think he cannot benefit from the EU directive any longer,even though he acquired his pr through EU route.As a result he can only go through the UK immigration route,meaning it might be difficult since the proposed marriage will need an approval for the overstayer.
Correct me if am wrong please.
thanks

kanyba
Newly Registered

Post by kanyba » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:50 am

Any idea ?
please

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:02 pm

You're right. Your friend is considered a person present and settled in the UK, for the purpose of the UK Immigration Rules. The EEA regs no longer apply to him.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

armstrong
Newly Registered

Post by armstrong » Thu May 06, 2010 1:43 am

i'm presuming your friend has got a UK passport now. the only option i can see now is to go back to the country of the spouse and apply from there