ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILE granted. now to the ILR.

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jc8284
Newly Registered

ILE granted. now to the ILR.

Post by jc8284 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:59 pm

I have just been granted ILE. I know the standard is to wait 2 years before applying for ILR, but am I correct in remembering that since I've been married to my UK citizen husband for over 4 years that I can apply for ILR immediately upon entering the UK instead of waiting out the probationary period? I have yet to take the KOL and will do so first of course, but after that am I good to apply for ILR? You guys are always helpful, so thanks in advance.

US born, Permanent Res. of Canada,
Canadian/British Citizen husband,
3 Canadian born kids
trying to live in the UK permanently.
ILE granted for the 4 of us + KOL for me soon.
*shew*

EFR3
Newly Registered

Re: ILE granted. now to the ILR.

Post by EFR3 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:19 pm

jc8284 wrote:I have just been granted ILE. I know the standard is to wait 2 years before applying for ILR, but am I correct in remembering that since I've been married to my UK citizen husband for over 4 years that I can apply for ILR immediately upon entering the UK instead of waiting out the probationary period? I have yet to take the KOL and will do so first of course, but after that am I good to apply for ILR? You guys are always helpful, so thanks in advance.

US born, Permanent Res. of Canada,
Canadian/British Citizen husband,
3 Canadian born kids
trying to live in the UK permanently.
ILE granted for the 4 of us + KOL for me soon.
*shew*

Actualy you got Endorsement SETTLEMENT SPOUSE/CP(KOL REQ) its kind of ILE but its not if you would get ILE (Indefnite leave to Enter = ILR Indefinite Leave to Remain) you still have to pass the KOL test then after that you can apply for ILR straight away but you have to pay the fee and the need to fill the Form SET(M).

jc8284
Newly Registered

Post by jc8284 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:35 am

Ah, yes. You're right about that. The children all have ILE but I have the "Settlement spouse/CP (KOL required)" on mine. Thank you for the confirmation on my q. I'll be sure to triple check the guides as well to make sure I do all this properly.

textileweb
Newly Registered

Re: ILE granted. now to the ILR.

Post by textileweb » Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:49 pm

yes u need to pass the test first and best thing is to have LIFE IN UK OFFICAL BOOKS WHICH ARE ALSO AVAILABle online too
e-g TSO Website, http://www.citizenshipguide.talktalk.net http://www.uktestguide.co.uk

take care and wish u good luck