ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

solicitor recommendation please

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shabba
Newly Registered

solicitor recommendation please

Post by shabba » Tue Oct 18, 2005 6:14 am

hi all, can anyone recommend a solicitor in the north west of england, Preston/Manchester/Blackburn area to deal with a visitor visa appeal for my sister in law to visit from Pakistan. Her application just got refused although we can't figure out why as we are sure all conditions were met. Just waiting for the official reason and will then discuss with you all. Thanks

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:55 am

If you reckon you can figure out what the reasons are; then address the issues and re-apply.

appealing may take up to a year
Where there is a will there is a way.

shabba
Newly Registered

Post by shabba » Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:53 am

Thanks for your reply. I was going off the details given on the High Commission site:

Family visit appeal –The IAA’s aim is to process Family Visit appeals as quickly as possible. Paper hearings, generally, are dealt with more quickly than oral hearings, but neither should take more than a few weeks, after the papers have been received by the Immigration Appellate Authority. Unfortunately, it is not possible to give guarantees on how long an appeal will take and this information is given for guidance only.
Other appeals – It is not possible to give times for other appeals. It is likely that the appeal will not be listed for a hearing for some considerable time, possibly up to one year.

Once I find out what the reason for refusal was I'll post it for advice.

Thanks

ImmigrationGirl
Newly Registered

Post by ImmigrationGirl » Tue Oct 18, 2005 1:52 pm

Hi

You shoudl check out The Law Society or www.oisc.gov.uk for immigration solicitors or consultants in your area.

IG